Constricted chest pain - anxiety

[ni...]

Hi all,

I was too quickly tapered off of valium by my psychiatrist. It was so unbearable that I went back to the initial dosage that I was on.

I was hoping that this would make me feel better but I still have this horrible pain in the chest that doesn't go away. It is as if I had undergone a heart transplant without narcosis. It hurts so much that I almost feel like dying.

To give some context I was initially on a dosage of 6mg in the morning and 6 mg in the evening. Over the course of three weeks, I went from that dosage to 4mg in the morning and 5mg in the evening and has since gotten back to the initial dosage.

Do you have any ideas on what could be done to alleviate this pain in the chest and the constant physical anxiety that I am feeling ? I feel like i am going crazy. I am honestly not sure how long my body will need to recover and am really scared.

Thanks.

Chest pain is definitely a symptom of tapering.  I’m tapering slowly and still developed this.  To ease your mind maybe you would want to go to an emergency room.  They will run a few tests and assure you.  I have found that time is the best healer.  But if you are in pain, please seek medical assistance.  I know this is all so frustrating, torturous and anxiety inducing.  You will heal though.  We will.