Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Was Issey 4 years

[...]

My old user name was Issey and I wrote a success story a while back . I made a new account so I could use the search function. About a month ago I had to get a infected too removed, I had a carbocaine shot , laughing gas and had to do 2 rounds of amoxicillin. A day or so after that I started having almost acute level chemical anxiety and depression among other things. It was horrible and I couldn’t believe what was happening. I am starting feeling better and hope this setback don’t last too long.

I feel defeated and kind of hopeless in the sense of when will this ever end and will I ever get back to feeling like a normal human should, even before the dental work I still didn’t feel right in many aspects.

Issey -

Were you still tapering off mirtazapine when you left BB? If so, I remember you! You were a great support. I hope this settles soon and you get back to your baseline.

Openroad-Yes that is me , I’m still stuck at 11 mg , the only good news is I found that I can actually loose weight on Remeron, after my tooth extracted I lost 15 pounds and I tried everything to loose weight with no avail.

Hork/Issey

Im

'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble 4 years out. I just had an uptick in symptoms today and I'm 28 months free. Mostly intrusive thoughts that feel like OCD. Not fun at all. Wishing you healing! Wishing all of us healing and strength. This process isn't for wussies.

Hey old friend, so sorry to hear this happened to you. I've had to take Amoxicillin twice during WD, and each time it put me in a pretty bad setback but I did eventually recover from them. I also stopped Mirtazapine back in July of 2020 thinking it would help me heal faster, and I'm still in a pretty bad place and nowhere near healed at 4 years, give or take. Hope you feel better soon.

Hey Al ,

Sorry to hear your still dealing with stuff at 4 years too. How long did your amoxicillin setbacks last .

Before that I was doing ok really, just some minor weird mental stuff that I could just shrug off but one thing that has stuck is difficulty driving on the highway or longer distances, I start feeling strange , weird in the car. My wife is going to start doing some driving with me , exposure treatment so to say. I’m still stuck at 11 mg Remeron and I’m going to stay there for a while.

Hork/Issey

Im

'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble 4 years out. I just had an uptick in symptoms today and I'm 28 months free. Mostly intrusive thoughts that feel like OCD. Not fun at all. Wishing you healing! Wishing all of us healing and strength. This process isn't for wussies.

Your right about that!

Hey Al ,

Sorry to hear your still dealing with stuff at 4 years too. How long did your amoxicillin setbacks last .

Before that I was doing ok really, just some minor weird mental stuff that I could just shrug off but one thing that has stuck is difficulty driving on the highway or longer distances, I start feeling strange , weird in the car. My wife is going to start doing some driving with me , exposure treatment so to say. I’m still stuck at 11 mg Remeron and I’m going to stay there for a while.

I want to say that each one lasted maybe 3 months, give or take. I think you will be fine w/ the Remeron, but another reason I stopped taking it is because it masked a lot of my symptoms and I kept thinking I was closer to being healed than I actually was, then when I stopped taking it I got a better idea of how healing was (or wasn't) going. Are you still sensitive to stress?

Thanks for your response Al, my response to stress is pretty good actually that is one thing that has gotten better and better. I sure hope my setback don’t last 2 more months but if it does no big deal as one thing I have learned through this whole deal is being patient lol