Does anyone know if your in flight or fight mode throughout benzo taper?

[Ja...]

Hello there,

I wanted to know if everyone stays in the flight or fight mode throughout their benzodiazepine taper?

That has been my experience since I got below 2 mg klonopin. 

Any information would be great.

Thank you

Hi there,

I didn't go into fight or flight mode until I jumped. That was 2.5 months ago. Maybe you could try holding until the symptom subsides?

My experience was that I went down very quickly initially. From 1 mg to .75 (one and a half pills), and then 3/4 of a .5 pill, and for me that was a time I needed to stop and hold, because I was acute: I'd lost 40 lbs and was in constant dread and anxiety over every thing; couldn't eat, watch TV or listen to music. I cleaned.

I started titrating more and more slowly afterwards. Today I took a brief nap after lunch, and woke because I snorted and my fight of flight response sent me into anxiety mode! I put two and two together and told myself it's okay, it's only noise. Did some deep breathing, which is clinically helpful for anxiety. They call it box breathing (you probably know all about it). It's where you take a deep breath and count to four slowly, making sure to belly breathe. Then slowly let it out for four counts. Do that cycle four times, like the sides of a box. I've done it in bed, over and over, when something woke me and my fight of flight response kicked in.

Hope that helps!! I feel for you! It does get better, one grain of sand at a time. I'm a whole lot better than I was, although not 100% by any means. Better days are ahead for you, they really are, so keep going. Find what will help you. We're all different, but there are a lot of good ideas in these pages!  :thumbsup:

I only lived in flight or fight mode after CT. However, during taper I only feel like I am going to cross that line again into flight or fight, but never do. Thankfully lol