Lucky number 7!

[wa...]

Today marks 7 weeks off Clonazepam and 3 weeks off Zolpidem after years of using both regularly and being trapped in low dose tolerance/withdrawal symptoms.  Although I still have my edgy intervals they are short.  I still have some mouth symptoms (achy gums and pins and needles sensation) but these are also temporary.  My sleep has returned and feels blessedly normal.  I'll continue to take Remeron for the foreseeable future, at least until I'm back in the States this summer.

I just want to say to anyone who's struggling right now:  hang in there, it's SO worth it!  I was on benzos for 7 years and now, although not at 100%, in 7 weeks I have managed to erase their control over my life!

Thanks so much to the BB community who let me know I was never alone in this walk to freedom.

Seven was indeed lucky. :)

I hope you continue to heal...and are telling as in the future you are at 100 percent and no longer think about benzo symptoms. I can relate to the pins and needles, I had that for several months post taper and now only get it sporadically and never the same intensity as it was the beginning.

Keep us updated on how you are doing....getting off this medication is a huge victory.....you are still technically in acute w/d..perhaps you will be one of the people that heals shortly after the initial phase?

TC

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Wantoff,

Thank you for posting your story.

Typically, our members need some time to fully recover after their final dose. I am glad that you have noticed great improvements (good sleep must be of great relief to you), and the few more minor symptoms will disappear given a little more time.

Take care,

Colin.