1mg Lorazepam taper plan help please

[...]

Hi, I'm new around here, I've been on 1mg lorazepam, once a day, about 4 to 5 days a week since the end of Oct. 2010. I really need some help figuring out a taper plan. I'm terrified of the withdrawals, so I'm prepared to go slow. Math is not my strong suit so I'm not sure how to go about it. I can probably get a px for some .5mg lorazepam for help in making smaller doses.

So if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it :)

I did a water taper from 1mg and got down to .5mg and have been holding here until I make a new plan.

you can also get liquid intensol and taper off this way, there is a member here who has been doing it this way

http://www.drugs.com/pro/lorazepam-intensol.html

I considered cutting off the pill but it seems too brutal to do, I can't even cut them in half correctly...

I put a call into my Dr. for the px of the .5mg tabs already. Liquid sounds like it would be more accurate. Starting is making me nervous

True. I did get some of the .5mg pills yesterday, so I started the taper last night.

After reading more around here what I thought was just some increased anxiety the last week or so I believe to be between dose withdrawals. I've only ever taken a pill once a day, I think I had just started reaching that tollerance level, because it really wasn't working like it had before. I also have the tight chest area most of the day and get 2 hrs of sleep a night, all within the last 9 days

It's good to see you're reading the forum and figuring out some things, I love it when people start to connect the dots to find out why they've been so miserable!  I see you have the tight chest too, I had an elephant camped out on mine for months, sure made it hard to breathe.  :tickedoff:

I read that warm liquids can help with the tight chest stuff since it's the muscles in there getting tight the warm liquid will help loosen them up.

my second cut should be tonight, but I'm really nervous. My husband will be out of town, monday and tuesday, probably when any worse w/d symptoms might appear :( but then again, maybe they will just be more of the same and nothing worse, I'll be down to 3/4 of 1mg pill

I could wait, but I just want off these things. There haven't been any good days/hours

I know there are no good days, but you seem determined to keep going.  It wouldn't hurt to wait to reduce your dose if you'd like your husband to be with you.  Tapers need to be flexible, life happens and sometimes we need to adjust.  What do you think?

if I didn't have 2 kids and 2 high maintenance dogs to take care of I wouldn't even consider holding off until he was back in town  :laugh: I have about 20 minutes to decide and it's still up in the air

I did go ahead and make the cut. I figured it was only my 2nd cut so I was going to chance it. I don't feel any difference yet, but probably tomorrow, just hoping it's not too bad