antibotics problems.

[Je...]

Hey guys,

did anyone have issues with taking antibiotics once taper is complete. I have been feeling super anxious and crappy since i started them and i just realized it could be that making me feel bad.

anyone have experience with this?

What antibiotic are you taking

I took xifaxan and after a week I got flu like symptoms and hospital determined I had an allergic reaction. Then I had 2 weeks of an uptick in benzo wd symptoms

Then subsided. There are certain ones that fall into the quinolone category that they say can cause issues with a compromised cns. Mine wasn’t but I still had issues

Joeb

Yup, antibiotics are neurogenic and they can definitely mess with withdrawal. They do say the quinolones are the worst, but I think we can get a reaction from any of them. Hopefully, once you're done with them, you'll return to baseline.

Absolutely antibiotics put me in a severe setback for almost 2 years. I developed mast cell problems and went in and out of anaphylaxis it was awful. I am healed now though.

In the last 3 weeks or so I took amoxycillin for 10 days (20 pills). It didn't get the infection. The ENT switched me to Cefixima for 6 days (6 pills). That worked. I had no issues with the antibiotics. In fact - if anything I slept a little better.