Benzo free (hopefully)

[Ha...]

Hi, I'm new here. User of Lormetazepam (2,5 mg) for 10 months now. And I definitely want to get rid of this stuff.

Hope to find some support here. It's quite hard already... pff.

Hello Happy Sophie, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I like your username but I'm sure this experience leaves you anything but happy, hopefully we can help you get it back.  We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but really, your symptoms should guide you so you can stay functional.

Are you experiencing tolerance to your dose, does it seem like you need more to achieve the same effect?  I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but please let us know how we can help you, we're glad you're here.

Pamster

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

Hi Pamster,

Indeed, happy is not really the state I've been in the last year. But it is definitely my goal, to feel happy again (or at least: a bit better).

I started with lormetazepam because of stress and sleeping issues. Starting dose was 2 mg (at night), but I was so stressed that I still woke up during the night. So I got prescribed 3 mg for a while. Until march '22: 3 mg, then 2,5-2,25-2-1,75. 1,75 since 4 weeks. Sleep is going 'well' (since I'm also taking mirtazapine and fortunately that worked for me). Since two days I took of 10% of the 1,75 Lormetazepam.

I'm not sure I'm experiencing tolerance. I used to feel very anxious and stressed in the evenings. With the dose I'm using now, that seems to be a bit equalized.

Thanks so much in advance for your support.

(English is not my native language so I apologize in advance for any weird words/sentences).

Your English is excellent but no worries, we have a diverse international membership. 

Your taper appears to be going well, I'm glad to hear your evenings are manageable for the moment, but we never know if the next reduction will cause an uptick in symptoms.  We don't have many members on Lormetazepam but I see the half life is fairly short, have you noticed any interdose withdrawal?

Thanks for the response. Can't really tell wether there is interdose withdrawal (how can I recognize this?). The symptoms I'm experiencing now are high sensitivity (sounds and light), tinnitus, dizzyness and my scalp is hurting sometimes. It changes during the day. 

What you're feeling are common symptoms, interdose is when you begin to feel worse and worse the closer you get to your next dose.  A benzodiazepine with a short half life won't cover you as long as one with a longer half life such as Valium or Klonopin so many members will dose several times a day to keep their blood serum levels at a steady state.

It's also common to have your symptoms wax and wane, leave completely or change into another symptom, our healing isn't linear so we never know how we're going to feel from one minute to the next.