Finally found my sleep again!

[Kn...]

Been meaning to do this but I'm a crazy procrastinator with a backlog of stuff to do now that I'm feeling less like a zombie with a furnace lodged underneath my skin.

Truth be told, this success story is pretty boring but even the mundane can help I suppose. As my doses of Xanax got lower (to the point where even the gem scale had trouble weighing) my sleep oddly improved, rather suddenly. One night I'm ripping my hair out trying to get 3-4 hours, then the next thing I know I'm getting 5+, albeit broken up sleep.

Anyway, after FINALLY jumping (more like inching off a step as thick as cardboard), I finally ditched the pills entirely. My bottle of 0.5s and 0.25s got mixed with water and cat litter and tossed in the garbage. Good riddance.

Still have some off days and cruddy sleep or heated skin in the evening, but they're milder, and much farther and fewer in between. I've always had insomnia but it's nice to get this doozy drug out of the way.

Honestly I knew I was getting better because after getting into an argument recently with my mother after some grocery store trip gone awry and I didn't feel like punching a wall from the negative feedback loop of rage in my own mind.

But yeah, I'm terrible at these but times do get better. I took the very slow and very steady route, but I have zero regrets.

Knightnightly, congrats to you for achieving your goal and letting Xanax go - what a huge accomplishment!  Insomnia can be such a problem during withdrawl but it is good to hear that you are making progress with sleeping better.  I'm glad you came here to share your success with us and allowing us to cheer you on!!

Kate08

Thank you for writing this, you know how important they are so we're glad you popped back in, and sleep, well insomnia is pretty universal around here so your news is most welcome.  I love what you did with your pills, I hadn't heard that one yet, very creative and fitting.  :thumbsup: