Please Help, Should I Change my Taper?

[Pe...]

I’ve been titrating from 1.5 mg of clonazepam since Jan. 20 and am now at 1.012 mg, so basically a third off over 6 months. I drop around 3.5% of the existing dose every 14-16 days. I dose 3 times a day. The day I cut and the next day are tolerable, but then the hell begins. Should I slow the titration (amount or spacing), maybe change to a daily micro taper, or look into the micro tapering strips from the Netherlands?

I am not doing well with the tapering. I didn’t know it was possible to suffer this much. I’m scared and feeling hopeless.

It might be a good idea to slow down your taper. For me the withdrawals seem to compound and I end up bed bound.  I tapered down to fast and went from 1.5 of klonopin to .875 in four and a half months thinking I needed to get off as soon as possible. It's pretty much been hell. I'm currently holding because I have some vacations planned and would like to be able to go and spend some quality time with my family. Listen to your body. It will let you know if you need to slow down. I keep having to tell myself this isn't a race. I hope you get some relief soon.

When you're feeling bad it's always recommended to slow down or microtaper.

You could also slowly partly crossover to Valium, but only when you're stable.

I have taperingstrips, they're great. I don't have to pay for them because my health insurance compensates them. If you have the money it's an option. It's expensive, I have to tell you.