Please help, terrible suffering

[Pe...]

Insomnia last night, terrible obsessive thoughts, mental anguish. It’s my birthday today- safe to say worst birthday ever. Can I make it through this? I really didn’t know such pain was possible. Please respond. I feel so alone in this torment.

First of all I would still like to congratulate you with your birthday. So: :happybday:

It's normal that you're feeling like this, unfortunately. And yes, you will make it through this, 100%. Many have done it, and so can you!! And you will!

Keep fighting, stay strong!

[01...]

Happy birthday!

You can and will make it through this. I know the pain and torment is indiscribable. Hold your taper if it's too much and consider if you'd taper with 0.01% you would still be tapering!

Insomnia last night, terrible obsessive thoughts, mental anguish. It’s my birthday today- safe to say worst birthday ever. Can I make it through this? I really didn’t know such pain was possible. Please respond. I feel so alone in this torment.

Yes you can make it through this! The wd is making you have those icky thoughts! I've been there and probably will be again but it will get better!

Hey Perserverance.  You can do this!  I know it is so difficult especially when you cant sleep and have so many symptoms.  I have been where you are.  It is so hard I know.  It is torture and you are experiencing a lot of trauma.  Your body is trying to heal.  You are healing but it is going to take some time.

Be kind to yourself.  We are here for you.  We love you.  Hugs and Happy Birthday.  Just remember this time next year you will really have a happy one and be able to celebrate.  There is hope!

:smitten:

So sorry, I had the same type of day today, so you are not alone.

All of my symptoms are mental torture and I sleep very little as well.

So I hope you will pamper yourself, give yourself permission to do nothing but rest.

Think loving thoughts to yourself.."I love you, You are precious, you are suffering and need to rest, you are a good person, you are a kind person, you need love and care, you need to do nothing but rest.." I say these things to myself like a mantra

Can you go for a massage? If that is something you enjoy?... gift it to yourself, it is relaxing and nice to have human touch.

I always try to remind myself that this is our brain, it is not well, it needs to heal, it is NOT in it's normal state...but it will be!

Meanwhile it feels like hell and there is no denying that! But time and again I am told this will someday be a distant memory.

Please hold on to that. I try to imagine when i will look back and remember this ...and not believe I survived and got well.

That will be a great day for us!!

These are all things I have learned from every kind person here..and only by reaching out and expressing my pain, which you did, which is healthy and shows you are trying your best to find ways to cope and proves that you still have a mind that is working to get better.

And we are here to listen and validate your suffering as we are the only ones who truly understand it.

Sending lots of love and support,

xJenny

Thank you everyone for the kind, supportive replies.❤️ They are something I will read over and over again.