3 weeks out

[Sn...]

I've been off k for 3 weeks.  I've been golfing everyday for distraction, maybe over doing it.  I'm very depressed and scared.  Scared ill never feel good again.  Logically I know I can heal but doesn't feel like it.

Hi Snoop, you’ve been pushing yourself everyday to play golf to distract and maybe your body needs some rest now. Try a few days of quiet and see if your symptoms subside. Worth a try?

Are you eating well? Sleeping well?

Hardy.

Yes eating well.  Sleep is ok but wake up early and can't go back to sleep.  I feel worse than I ever have.  Unbearable. Is this what acute is now that I'm off?

Your symptoms are all typical withdrawal unfortunately. It’s definitely non linear. We just have to hang on and let time pass. It helps to avoid any stress. Our bodies are already full of fear but time is your friend. You will heal.

Insomnia or broken sleep is very common.

Are you on any other meds?

Hardy.

Thx Hardy.  I'm on no meds now.  I'm normally positive and optimistic but this latest feeling has really devastated me.  Thx again

I hear you! Yes, this journey is not for the faint hearted. If you’re having devastating feelings please don’t make any further cuts, best to wait until you are a lot more stable.

The symptoms are not a sign of weakness or lack of positivity they are due to biochemical changes caused by the benzos, so don’t beat yourself up.

Hope you sleep better tonight.

Hardy.