Benzo Belly

[I ...]

August 10th will be 3 years since  my klonopin cold turkey. I am mostly doing much better with a handful of lingering minor symptoms. One thing that  I am feeling is a major fullness in my gut especially after eating. I've had an endoscopy done and everything came out normal. I'm suspecting benzo belly but I'm not so sure if it's possible this far out. Can anyone who's had benzo belly please describe your symptoms? TIA

Didn't you have some stomach issues a few months back??  This sounds like benzo belly to me.  I get off and on, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Didn't you have some stomach issues a few months back??  This sounds like benzo belly to me.  I get off and on, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Yes I did. It was a suspected ulcer but by the time I had the endoscopy done ,nothing was found. Everything was normal. The only thing bothering me now is just the fullness after eating. Feels like my stomach is going to explode. Lasts 30 minutes to an hour. I'm so done looking into it further, medical wise. Pretty certain it's benzo belly just wanting to know symptoms from others that have suffered from it.

I've had this symptom as part of w/d. It's slowed motility/ gastric emptying, which makes you feel full.

You might try taking Iberogast about 15 minutes before meals. It has helped me some.

Or see a naturopath and see what they might offer for slowed motility.

Good luck!