Extreme fatigue

[Li...]

Is this a withdrawal symptom? I do have low iron and possible other health issues, but I've been having off and on extreme lethargy and wondering if it could be wd. My legs feel so tired when. I stand for long and I dont have much energy.

Its a common symptom but I can't relate to it because I was so hyped up all the time.  I would blame it on the benzo rather than low iron, but I don't know about your other health issues so if you're concerned, I'd get checked out. 

Anemia can make you feel extremely tired and fatigued. Are you taking iron supplements/ You also need to make sure getting enough vit C to help absorb the iron. B vits can also help

[b3...]

Hi Livingwell22,

yes insomnia and fatigue are common during Benzowithdrawal.

A quote from Professor Aston:

Insomnia. Poor sleep is a common accompaniment of both anxiety and depression. In anxiety there is typically a difficulty in falling asleep, while depression is associated with early morning waking as well as frequent wakings during the night. Insomnia is also common as an acute withdrawal symptom along with nightmares and other sleep disturbances. Occasionally, however, insomnia (sometimes with "restless legs" and muscle jerks) persists as an isolated symptom after other symptoms have disappeared, and may last for many months. However, poor sleepers can be reassured that an adequate sleep pattern does return at last. There are powerful natural mechanisms in the body which ensure that the brain does not become severely sleep-deprived.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#5

Currently you say you are taking 0.0024mg of Lorazepam. Lorazepam is about six times more potent than Diazepam. I hope you will be able to taper from Lorazepam, because a conversion can be extremely hard, however if you come to a point where reductions seem impossible it's worth mentioning you can.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s3

I read you started Benzos for extreme insomnia. I'm not sure if the underlying issue of that is resolved. I got Benzos for insomnia aswell, but my insomnia during withdrawal is many times worse than it was originally. Somewhere on this website, or even elsewhere, you can look for tips how to handle your insomnia.

Best of luck.

Is this a withdrawal symptom? I do have low iron and possible other health issues, but I've been having off and on extreme lethargy and wondering if it could be wd. My legs feel so tired when. I stand for long and I dont have much energy.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to get my iron checked again, and I think my electrolytes are off. I'm almost done with the benzo taper-hioing to jump in the next few days. My gut tells me the fatigue is partly from benzo and lack of sleep, but partly from other issues.

Oh my. I had that and still have it every few days (like today).  It's like your legs just won't move another inch.  For me, it doesn't happen every day but on the days that it does, I go ahead and sit down every 20 minutes or so and let me legs regroup.  That seems to help a little. My guess is that it's the benzo. I was hyped up early on but near the end and now post jump, definitely experiencing periods of HEAVY fatigue.  Hang in there.

Oh my. I had that and still have it every few days (like today).  It's like your legs just won't move another inch.  For me, it doesn't happen every day but on the days that it does, I go ahead and sit down every 20 minutes or so and let me legs regroup.  That seems to help a little. My guess is that it's the benzo. I was hyped up early on but near the end and now post jump, definitely experiencing periods of HEAVY fatigue.  Hang in there.

Thanks! Yes, I was very hyped up for awhile and lately have had more fatigue. Still twitchy and some anxiety,  but lots of heavy fatigue.

Fatigue is my worst symptom. I was actually diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and that’s what I thought was my problem. It took me two years to figure out that it was the Xanax that I had been taking, AS PRESCRIBED, that was the cause of my fatigue and it has been with me throughout my taper. 

[b3...]

Hi Gamby32,

I too was "treated" for "Chronisch Fatigue Syndrom" by a psychologist back in 2019. Unfortunatly little people are aware of the adverse affects of Benzodiazepines. Most of us have to learn the hard way to put our faith in "experts".

At least now you truly know the cause.

Best of luck,

Naf1983

Fatigue is my worst symptom. I was actually diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and that’s what I thought was my problem. It took me two years to figure out that it was the Xanax that I had been taking, AS PRESCRIBED, that was the cause of my fatigue and it has been with me throughout my taper.

Gamby and Naf,

I was in a support group on Facebook for people with ME?CFS for a few years.  I finally left the group because I knew in my soul that my real problem was the meds.  Here we are now!  Better to know the truth, I think. 

Helen