Why are nights the worst ?

[Qu...]

Last night (7PM) was my 5th dose of 0.2mg of Rivotril drops. For years I have treated my high blood pressure with 40mg of Telmisartan in the morning and 40mg Telmisartan / 5mg Amlodipino in the evening. That is the only medication I am on (except for the occasional ibuprofen / paracetamol). I've been taking a pretty complete diary of this tapering experience and going back to the beginning (a month) I wake up in the middle of the night feeling pretty bad. I rank how I feel with 10 being great and 0 being pretty bad. At 1:30AM I am almost always a 5. I have been getting out of bed and sleeping in a recliner for a few hours (not so good for my lower back). For the rest of my days I am at an 8 / 9 - until the next early morning.

I can appreciate that my doctor prescribed my dose at 'bedtime' thinking it would help my sleep, but it seems the opposite is true - unless something I am doing during the day is causing me issues. I've read about this 'interdose withdrawal' but my sense it that that is uncommon (?). At times I think of somehow shifting my Rivotril dose to 7AM and see if that flips my symptoms by 12 hours. Is that somehow possible ? Maybe take 0.1mg the first 7AM, 0.1mg the first 7PM and then get back on 0.2mg the second 7AM and on ?

I could try pausing the evening dose of bp meds. Maybe they are interacting ? To be honest my pressure is rather low since I lost 25 lbs this year.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

I believe interdose is quite common, most Xanax users will take it 4 times a day, Ativan 3 times and Klonopin, 2, even those who use Valium will dose more than once a day.  You can certainly experiment with your dosing times but you may introduce even more distress is you change drastically in one go. 

I haven't heard any other members mention a problem with their BP meds interacting with their benzo but that doesn't mean it can't be happening in your case, we're all so different.  Have you thought about dosing twice a day, of course, any benefit the evening dose might give you in the way of sleep would probably be reduced.

I could try pausing the evening dose of bp meds. Maybe they are interacting ? To be honest my pressure is rather low since I lost 25 lbs this year.

Congrats on the weight loss. Yes, your HBP meds may need to be adjusted a little bc of the weight loss. I would definitely discuss this with my doctor.

If you have not already done so, you might want to check for interactions among and between the medications you are taking using several (e.g. 2 to 3) of the online drug interactions checkers (different checkers yield different results).

Congrats on the weight loss. Yes, your HBP meds may need to be adjusted a little bc of the weight loss. I would definitely discuss this with my doctor.

Actually I lost the weight because I lost my wife of some 40 years in October. (That is what started me on this benzo road I have unknowingly been on). I haven't cooked for myself since I was 20 something. That and I went a long period where I had no appetite. But - that all seems to have stabilized and I am looking a little less malnourished at the moment.

Actually I lost the weight because I lost my wife of some 40 years in October. (That is what started me on this benzo road I have unknowingly been on). I haven't cooked for myself since I was 20 something. That and I went a long period where I had no appetite. But - that all seems to have stabilized and I am looking a little less malnourished at the moment.

OIC now (totally understandable)....I am so sorry about the loss of the love of your life. 40 years together is a long time. I can only imagine the grief you must have experienced when you lost her.