Pain, pain, pain

[...]

Hi - I'm new here🙏

I am 13 months of a z-drug (zopiclone), which I took for 5 years, and 17 months of an antidepressant, which I took for 2 years. I stopped both with a cold turkey, since my doctor told me that was not a problem. Well - it was. I am still suffering from a lot of physical symptoms - constantly - with no real windows or relief. I would be happy to hear if any of you experience the same and if you have seen any improvements? I also stopped the drugs because they made me so sick. I think I was in tolerance and had interdose withdrawal from zopiclone, while I took it.

My symptoms now are:

Fatigue and flu like feeling

Head aches, dizziness, brain fog

Pain in left ear, tinnitus

Burning pain in brain and whole body

Strong muscle pains, joint pain and stiff joints

Chest pains and pain in sternum

Sore throat, difficult to sink

Stomach pain and difficult to digest.

Nausea

Lack of motivation - difficult to do anything...

I CT zop a while ago, though I've had some rescue doses over the past few weeks. I don't know why I take them as they don't work anymore, hoping for some sleep I think. Why were you put on then initially? Do you still have difficulty sleeping? I get about 3 hours a night average, best nights 5 broken sleep, worst zero. Last few nights I've had zero and am running on adrenaline at the moment I think. Hope to get some tonight when heat here dies down.

[f4...]

Hi Jb42,

cold turkey is (something I think the whole Benzo community would agree with me), very dangerous. Z-meds work on the same brain receptors as Benzodiazepines. Most likely, and others may correct me if I am wrong, you are suffering from protracted withdrawal.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#27

Best of luck,

Naf1983

Hi - I'm new here🙏

I am 13 months of a z-drug (zopiclone), which I took for 5 years, and 17 months of an antidepressant, which I took for 2 years. I stopped both with a cold turkey, since my doctor told me that was not a problem. Well - it was. I am still suffering from a lot of physical symptoms - constantly - with no real windows or relief. I would be happy to hear if any of you experience the same and if you have seen any improvements? I also stopped the drugs because they made me so sick. I think I was in tolerance and had interdose withdrawal from zopiclone, while I took it.

My symptoms now are:

Fatigue and flu like feeling

Head aches, dizziness, brain fog

Pain in left ear, tinnitus

Burning pain in brain and whole body

Strong muscle pains, joint pain and stiff joints

Chest pains and pain in sternum

Sore throat, difficult to sink

Stomach pain and difficult to digest.

Nausea

Lack of motivation - difficult to do anything...

Yes - I agree - that I am probably in protracted withdrawal. I really hope this will get better some day🙏

At least, after 8 months of, I was able to sleep again...