0.25mg clonaz to 0

[Gi...]

Hey there!

Looking for some shared experiences and hope from you guys.

I’m in hospital doing the final taper off my clonazapam. I was on it for 3 years, and have had two inpatient stays at a rehab facility to get from 2mg of clonazapam down to 0.25mg. This time I’m in a psychiatric hospital, under a psychiatrist who is not all that familiar with benzo withdrawals.

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced stopping from 0.25mg? I thought this would be the easiest bit, but I honestly feel like I’m dying. I’ve been experiencing wicked anxiety, agitation, insomnia, restlessness, gastro upset, headaches, dizziness, stiff muscles, shakiness, poor coordination and visual hallucinations.

The nurses/doctor are aware and I’m being monitored closely with all the needed support…I guess I’m just looking for some hope and reassurance that I will be okay and get through this?

Thanks!

I'm sorry you are suffering. I had the same experience. I didn't have many symptoms until this last little bit of klonopin. Hopefully your doctor will allow you taper slow. I'm doing a 10% reduction at a time. If I get symptoms I hold. Before this past .25 I was making 50% cuts which I don't recommend!