Fear

[Fl...]

Does anyone feel fear about everything all the time? I literally feel like I'm dying and this feeling of doom is always present. I feel trapped by these feelings and so hopeless.

That has been my worst symptom. I don't fear specific things (I mean, I do, but this feeling is different). It's a dread/doom feeling like something bad is about to happen but I can't quite figure out what. Then mixed with some brain fog and inability to think or focus on other things. Is that similar to what you feel at all? I have had some better days and times, lately, if that gives you hope. It often just lifts in the evenings for me.

Thanks for responding. I am afraid to do anything like leave the house or even take a shower. I have never experienced this before starting my taper. I haven't had any of the brain fog but from what I have read it seems like a common symptom. I actually do get some relief around seven or eight pm but  it's back the next morning. It like I'm trapped in my head with all this fear and it prevents me from doing anything productive. My worst symptoms are constant tremoring and shaking as well as nausea. But after holding they settle some and I can manage them better but the fear symptom doesn't let up much. It's so hard to accept this is the way it's going to be until I'm through the taper and post withdrawals. I just want my life back and to feel normal.  :'(

Thanks for responding. I am afraid to do anything like leave the house or even take a shower. I have never experienced this before starting my taper. I haven't had any of the brain fog but from what I have read it seems like a common symptom. I actually do get some relief around seven or eight pm but  it's back the next morning. It like I'm trapped in my head with all this fear and it prevents me from doing anything productive. My worst symptoms are constant tremoring and shaking as well as nausea. But after holding they settle some and I can manage them better but the fear symptom doesn't let up much. It's so hard to accept this is the way it's going to be until I'm through the taper and post withdrawals. I just want my life back and to feel normal.  :'(

I had the fear of taking a shower thing,  too. And a big fear of being alone. So weird.

[f4...]

Yes, the terror can be awful.

I'm reading in your signature your cuts go as high as 12.5%. I can only tolerate cuts around 4-5%. Maybe you can consider smaller cuts? It may smooth the tapering process for you.

Does anyone feel fear about everything all the time? I literally feel like I'm dying and this feeling of doom is always present. I feel trapped by these feelings and so hopeless.