How do you get through this?

[So...]

I cant get pleasure from anything.

Smells, tv-shows, sex, nature walks, food! There is no pleasure from anything.

Has Anyone else had anhedonia this bad and gotten better?

It just suddenly got way worse these last couple of days.

Before i could get some pleasure from food at least and positive thoughts would give me comfort. Now i have no appetite because food gives me no pleasure and success stories cant make me Feel better.

It all started with a zyprexa last summer which i took for sleep and dpdr. Got akathisa and CT zyprexa. Was immideatly put on 30 mg valium and 30 mg stilnoct/zopiclone a day. Quit to fast and was put back on. Benzo free since october -21.

Was then put on Remeron for sleep in dec -21. I took it for two weeks (15 mg), and then on and off for three weeks. Feels like i CT and kindled a lot.

Bad reaction to last dose causing numbing of emotions and sexual anhedonia, as well as bad akathisia and dpdr and brain fog.

Had rescue doses of valium two times in -22 because of akathisia, which made all worse.

Had covid in february which sent my numbness spiralling, and a concussion in april.

Since it has all been a downward hill.

Reacted badly to B12 supplements, and have stayed away from most supplements since.

Even though things have gradually gotten worse, and i cant identify the triggers.

Now i am stuck in an empty state with the anhedonia and emotional numbness making it impssible to ever Feel anything but this uncomfortable nothingness and constant unsatisfactory feeling, as well as stress and restlessness.

Can this get better? I need some hope.

Is it normal to just get continuously worse? I will have a period of 1-2 weeks where i get progressivly worse each day, the it levels out for 1-2 months before i get worse again for 1-2 weeks. The problem is i never get better the 1-2 months, i only stay the same as after i got worse.

I had this for a few months and it was intense, I know exactly what you’re talking about. It did ease up quite a bit and I’ve had moments of joy and pleasure. Just recently it has flared up again. It feels like flatness and almost a deep depression sadness or unease. I’m assuming since it went away once it will again. Just gotta keep fighting each day!

I’m exactly where you are and lost the same last pleasure, food. I had it before when I quit and started medication around 2 and a half years ago but it got way worse after a bad reaction to Prozac and getting akathisia. After that I lost pleasure is music, food, and sexual things at the same time so I have total anhedonia now. I feel like it’s more related to PSSD and benzo withdrawal, at least the anhedonia.

I’m exactly where you are and lost the same last pleasure, food. I had it before when I quit and started medication around 2 and a half years ago but it got way worse after a bad reaction to Prozac and getting akathisia. After that I lost pleasure is music, food, and sexual things at the same time so I have total anhedonia now. I feel like it’s more related to PSSD and benzo withdrawal, at least the anhedonia.

Have you seen any improvement in your symptoms? I also struggle with the fact that i Sometimes can Feel emotions, but my brain does not create a bodily response.

When l get angry, i dont get the flood of emotional response in my body. I am still angry, but my body does not create the sensations associated with anger in the body. Same goes for other emotions

I also struggle with the fact that i Sometimes can Feel emotions, but my brain does not create a bodily response.

When l get angry, i dont get the flood of emotional response in my body. I am still angry, but my body does not create the sensations associated with anger in the body. Same goes for other emotions.

Did you experience something similar?

I also struggle with the fact that i Sometimes can Feel emotions, but my brain does not create a bodily response.

When l get angry, i dont get the flood of emotional response in my body. I am still angry, but my body does not create the sensations associated with anger in the body. Same goes for other emotions.

Did you experience something similar?

I don’t really get strong enough emotions so I don’t feel angry or anything ever but I know what you’re talking about. That seems for like DPDR to me. The only thing similar is I sometimes laugh but feel nothing from it, it’s like an automatic reaction but with no feeling and it feels uncomfortable.