Clonazapam Making Me Sick - Help

[No...]

Hey Buddies,

I am back on Clonazapam 1 mg.  I dose .5mg 2x day.  Every morning I wake up with the doom and gloom. Pretty much bed-ridden until noon.

Anybody experience this?  Would I be better switching to another benzo to taper off?  Please help.

I don't think another benzo is the answer, you've been on a few of them and they all have their downsides, is the 1 mg enough or do you need to raise your dose to stabilize before considering another taper?

Hi Pamster,

I was on 2mg and have tapered down to 1mg.  I have been holding now for 3 weeks.  But every morning I get that cortisol thing,

just feel awful and in withdrawal.  Is this common with people tapering off benzos?  Thank You.

I've only been tapering for a short while now (maybe 1 month combined). I take my dose at 8pm every evening. I feel some symptoms starting late afternoon - but for sure I feel the worst when I get up at 4AM (my normal time). I get out of bed, take care of the cats, have breakfast and I am a different person. For some reason my body just prefers to be vertical. Last night (my worst so far - I slept a good part of the night in my recliner). I walk every morning from 6:30 - 7:30 (more or less). That helps a lot and I am almost forcing food in whether I am hungry or not (but I have lost 25 lbs this year and I am too thin).

ive also experienced that cortasil thing in the mornings for the first year of my tapper.  awful feeling of anxiety with like a hot flash comming on.  id have to get right up and start my morning routine for it to stop.  i dont feel that anymore when i wake up in the morning, but if i were to take a nap in the afternoon, i wake right up after maybe 5 minutes with that feeling.  i hope to enjoy a nice nap in the yard again some day.  best wishes to you.  jill

[6f...]

Hi Nomorebenzos2,

the most common way to taper Benzo's I know is crossing over to Diazepam (Valium). 1mg. of Clonazapam equils a whopping 20mg. of Diazepam! I recommend reading The Ashton Manual.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

(Schedule 6)

https://www.drbeeker.nl/benzoconversie.pdf

(Dutch table)

Hi Pamster,

I was on 2mg and have tapered down to 1mg.  I have been holding now for 3 weeks.  But every morning I get that cortisol thing,

just feel awful and in withdrawal.  Is this common with people tapering off benzos?  Thank You.