dating a bpd

[Ch...]

i am dating during withdrawal from clonazepam. however, the person i am seeing has Border line personality disorder, it is causing me anxiety and i am trying to stay strong. their temper tantrums and anger is making my withdrawal harder. they cannot rationalize about my mental health, i dont understand theirs well enough either. i thought i could not judge anyone with a mental health problem and i dont, but i have a feeling their condtion is going to affect my well being, i really dont know how to deal with it.

i am dating during withdrawal from clonazepam. however, the person i am seeing has Border line personality disorder, it is causing me anxiety and i am trying to stay strong. their temper tantrums and anger is making my withdrawal harder. they cannot rationalize about my mental health, i dont understand theirs well enough either. i thought i could not judge anyone with a mental health problem and i dont, but i have a feeling their condtion is going to affect my well being, i really dont know how to deal with it.

Oh that is very complicated!!. I do not think having a person around you who is volatile is a good idea at all!!

At the very least you need an environment of peace and stability, structured days and loving kindness only right now.

Is imperative for you to get through this.

Seriously, any conflict or negative situations agitate me terribly and make me much worse.

I often have to stay home alone just to regain my ability to function at all if something upsets me.

That being said, I understand that you can't just break up with someone you may love, and also who may have a very bad reaction to a breakup.

It is better when dealing with people w BPD to speak about YOUR compromised situation, rather than say anything about what they are doing wrong, they do not react well to that.

So maybe telling your partner that your mental health is severely compromised right now and that you two may need a counselor or mediator to help you have a conversation about how to go forward until you are better.

Maybe framing in a way that tells them that you are not rejecting them, rather trying to get well and be a good partner in the future.

You really need to feel stable and treated with extra care right now.

Best of luck to you,

xJenny

I dated during withdrawal too. With a normal healthy person (just like me, I'm just in a mess because of medication). 8 years together. Ended bad because of withdrawal.

So I promised myself to stay single, because I want to be healthy first.

Tried to stay the hell away from women. Then the woman of my dreams found me, I wasn't searching. And it made withdrawal so much worse again. Had too say goodbye, at least for now. Hurt like hell to make a decision like that. But I didn't want the same mess again and I need to be healthy first. Love in withdrawal sucks anyway. I can't enjoy it for the full 100%. Not even at 25%.

I think the bottom line of the story is, and I think it's like that for most people: don't date during withdrawal. Is what my advice would be.

Your choice ofcourse  :)