What is happening when i try to sleep/relax?

[So...]

Could someone explain what is happened? I cant make sense of it.

Whenever i try to just lay down to relax and sleep in the day or evening, I just get this anxious/nervous feeling in the body after a while, or just when i am about to fall asleep. My head also feels more spaced out when my brain wakes up again, and this can last a long time. I dont understand it. It is really bad. It is like i lay down and wake up worse and with this scared anxious feeling in my body. Sometime my head feels so bad after a nap/sleep, and actually does not get better again.

I have had that before, but it went away. Dont know why it is back now, but it makes it hard to lay down because i just get this anxious restless feeling and Spaces out feeling in the head when doing it.

I cant relax.

What is happened in my brain and body? Why does my brain Feel more ruined and my cognition worse after sleep/nap?

Inner Akathisia..I have the same its terrible  and has ruined every aspect of my life. Some people do heal from thia just no telling when. I dont know how much longer i can take

It sounds like toxic naps. These are very common. I am unable to lay down during the day even if I'm super exhausted because I get the same kind of feeling. And if I happen to lay down and fall asleep I feel horrible when I wake up. This will pass in time. Hugs!

LiveLife

It sounds like toxic naps. These are very common. I am unable to lay down during the day even if I'm super exhausted because I get the same kind of feeling. And if I happen to lay down and fall asleep I feel horrible when I wake up. This will pass in time. Hugs!

LiveLife

Do you know what happens in the body? Why these naps makes us feel so bad?

Do you think it affects the brain negativly?

I think it can't negatively affect the brain, at these moments the brain relaxes and gets rest. Bad feelings after awakening arise due to a return to previous experiences and to the launch of the central nervous system, it begins to suffer again. After all, in a dream you completely rest from abstinence, waking up you return to the previous exhaustion. Poor health after a nap, happens in perfectly healthy people. And if a healthy person, for example, drinks a lot of coffee, or spends a grueling workout, or maybe won't sleep for more than a day. Then he will also experience anxiety and twitching of the body when falling asleep. I think there's nothing to worry about. Except that it's unpleasant. I have the same thing.

I’m still tapering but I have had this for a while.  The same exact episodes when trying to nap.  It is one of the more bizarre symptoms for me especially since historically I was such a great napper !

Actually looking back this started happening years ago after I was prescribed Ativan but I never connected it.  I think now that it started as a side effect of the benzo and just ramped up when I started tapering.

It will be a happy day when we can nap peacefully again. 

Oh yeah, the only time I nap peacefully is while getting acupuncture.  It’s amazing for a few minutes!