Please stop twitching …

[Fa...]

So with all the emotional and psychological turmoil burying me at this point it’s the twitching and shaking that is driving me crazy. It’s so bad that when I’m holding my phone and trying to type my hand will twitch so hard that I’ll throw the phone. I know it sounds silly but when I’m leaving down wishing I could get tired my legs and arms and core are all over the place. I just want to know what causes this if anyone knows and is there any way to dial it down just a notch. Just so I can sit or lay down before I absolutely lose my mind. I do t know if this helps but it gets set off and goes crazy when I have to take my pain meds. Possible cause for some reason?

I'm so sorry that you have all this twitching and jerking. I know it's very common in benzo recovery and withdrawal. So, I hope that's just what it is simply put. But, if you're noticing it in regards to your other pain meds could they be a contributing factor. I think you're the only one that could figure that out. Have you talked to your doctor about it? I sure wish you could get some relief soon! Hugs.

LiveLife

Hi

So sorry, it is a common withdrawel symptom with Benzodiazepines.

I had this during my withdrawel very badly. My husband did a great deal of research at the time, he read Dr Patricia Ashton's report amongst many others. He is of the opinion that benzo drugs out compete gaba (which is produced naturally and internally) and the gaba system amongst other things regulates bodily relaxation cycles. So when you remove the drug that is supporting your gaba system it can take some time for the system to start functioning correctly again accessing your naturally produced gaba. During this period your body has difficulty regulating muscular arousal and hence leads to twitching, shaking and vibrating etc.

Your gaba receptors will heal, hang in there that day will come.

Hi

So sorry, it is a common withdrawel symptom with Benzodiazepines.

I had this during my withdrawel very badly. My husband did a great deal of research at the time, he read Dr Patricia Ashton's report amongst many others. He is of the opinion that benzo drugs out compete gaba (which is produced naturally and internally) and the gaba system amongst other things regulates bodily relaxation cycles. So when you remove the drug that is supporting your gaba system it can take some time for the system to start functioning correctly again accessing your naturally produced gaba. During this period your body has difficulty regulating muscular arousal and hence leads to twitching, shaking and vibrating etc.

Your gaba receptors will heal, hang in there that day will come.

Thank you! As long as I know it’s not terribly abnormal and it one day will subside then I can hold on and get through this.

I'm so sorry that you have all this twitching and jerking. I know it's very common in benzo recovery and withdrawal. So, I hope that's just what it is simply put. But, if you're noticing it in regards to your other pain meds could they be a contributing factor. I think you're the only one that could figure that out. Have you talked to your doctor about it? I sure wish you could get some relief soon! Hugs.

LiveLife

You know what… I never asked my pain management doctor about this because I’ve actually always been afraid of the answer. I wanted off benzos so very badly and on the other hand I know I can’t live without the meds. So I have two large problems it seems when one is causing this much trouble Alone. But I’m going to talk to him next appt. Maybe it will relieve some of this anxiety about it.

I feel your pain my muscles have been non stop twiching for the last 4 months never had this till my 4 year mark kinda freaky they just constantly moving looks bad I just try to ignore....your not alone

I feel your pain my muscles have been non stop twiching for the last 4 months never had this till my 4 year mark kinda freaky they just constantly moving looks bad I just try to ignore....your not alone

Did it ever go away? Or rather did it lighten up? It’s just so intense. It happens for a few months at a time and it goes away for a few months and cycles in and out. Maddening.