More meds?

[No...]

I am so against them in any kind of form, but ever since I had this setback or what it was over a year ago already I just cant stand this anymore. Im starting to lose it and maybe to add something, of course not this pills but maybe I should do something to make this more bearable and possible to recover. Today i barely survived. I don’t know really. My life is going away and I am in prime years. Im suffering for 10 years now.

A lot of people find that adding stuff just makes things worse but you have to decide what's best for you with your doctor. It has certainly helped some but just bear in mind that most things with the potential to help will come with their own dependency.

Such a difficult question. For me, I would not have managed without Mirtazapine for sleep. We are all so different. I know that when you get to not being able to bear it, you would try anything.

Just be aware that most ADs ramp up anxiety at first before things settle down.

I hope today is a bit more bearable for you Notimportant.

And you are IMPORTANT!

Hardy.

Such a difficult question. For me, I would not have managed without Mirtazapine for sleep. We are all so different. I know that when you get to not being able to bear it, you would try anything.

Just be aware that most ADs ramp up anxiety at first before things settle down.

I hope today is a bit more bearable for you Notimportant.

And you are IMPORTANT!

Hardy.

Thank you Hardy, how is it going for you?

Thank you for that information, I have made an appointment with doctor, they sad they will call, I hope next week.

Take care.

Hi Important, I’m struggling on thank you. I am disappointed because after a trip to the seaside I am wiped out and back to all sorts of symptoms. Just have to rest until I feel a bit better.

Hope your Dr is sympathetic and will work alongside you in this journey. Keep me posted.

Hardy.

Hi Important, I’m struggling on thank you. I am disappointed because after a trip to the seaside I am wiped out and back to all sorts of symptoms. Just have to rest until I feel a bit better.

Hope your Dr is sympathetic and will work alongside you in this journey. Keep me posted.

Hardy.

I am sorry this happened to you, this is brutal process. This is hell, other hell doesn’t exist. I am going today, and was very nervous about but I dont care really. What happens, happens. In the outside world, no one understands this and I dont want to hope that will change. We have to rely here on support. Thank you, I will keep you updated. You too take care.

Yep, agree this is brutal. I like that word, it describes the hell. When I feel better I think I might have to do a bit of campaigning to make the world benzo aware. It’s still near the top of prescribing lists.

Prof Ashton likened it to the Thalidomide scandal. I should be angry but I don’t have the energy! Sense of humour has remained intact thankfully. How did you get on with your Dr?

Every good wish Hardy.

I’m also thinking about some kind of anti-benzo activism!

In my country there are almost no info about dangers of benzo. And I see more and more people taking xanax in the same time

If I will survive, I will create webpage about it in my native language.

Yep, agree this is brutal. I like that word, it describes the hell. When I feel better I think I might have to do a bit of campaigning to make the world benzo aware. It’s still near the top of prescribing lists.

Prof Ashton likened it to the Thalidomide scandal. I should be angry but I don’t have the energy! Sense of humour has remained intact thankfully. How did you get on with your Dr?

Every good wish Hardy.

I just googled it Hardy. Anti depressants most prescribed drugs, in UK then benzos about 4th,  then sleeping tablets As you say hell of a lot of drugs still being prescribed. Prof Ashton published her manual 2002 so have known about this for long time and ignored it. If you start petition here count me in! The GP I saw ignored weaning advice from NICE.

Ok Leann, hoping I might have a couple of good years between withdrawal and the care home! We will see what the future holds. Take good care.

Hardy

Wasn’t quite sure what you meant about the care home, but we have a luxury care home over back of us, sometimes jokingly said to my husband maybe I should go there, when I felt really desperate. Are you going get hot weather. Going be 40 degrees here Monday and Tuesday

Oh yes, I just meant that by the time I feel better it won’t be long before I need to be looked after!….in  a nursing/care home. I said the same thing to my husband!

Yep, 40 degrees Sun and Monday. We have found our very old portable aircon unit and set it up in the bedroom. Never known 40 in the UK before. I’m half Irish so my melting point is 20 degrees.

I get you. Sometimes think they have a better time in the home than me. Lots activities going on, wouldn’t have go outside and face my demons. My husband is Celtic colouring, strawberry blonde and pale skin always nagging him put suncream on. I’m of Celtic descent bit of Scots and Irish, but not the pale skin thankfully. Seems we will have get used to this if you believe all the global warming stories. Hope you manage stay cool😎

Every good wish Hardy.

Yeah, long time ago I thought so maybe also, but gave up really. Who are we kidding, nothing will change. I now think how to survive only and doubt in recovery at all. I was presribed yesterday Escitalopram antidepresant and Xanax 0,5 but I have questions and serious doubts now. He said I have very high anxiety. Anyway, I had attack epileptic in 2019, when I mixed alcohol, weed, ecstasy while going through withdrawal. Terrible I know. I had an attack but I dont have epilepsy and never had it, that was from benzos and withdrawal and everything mixed. When I quit last time using this neurorecover treatment I had that attack again. I wanted to ask you is there a risk of me getting attack again if I start this medicine and if I try to get off this thing will I have an attack? Im really worried and just to say again I don’t have epilepsy and I never did.

I mean on Escitalopram not on xanax, I won't take Xanax.

He also gave me some multivitamins, I know that isn't safe either or?

Hi important. I’m not medically qualified to say but if you really need something to help then I would say try the Escitalopram. I think it’s recommended to start low and go slow. So, start on a very low dose and see how that affects you. If you feel ok then gradually increase to the therapeutic dose. Does your doctor know about your epileptic fit?  But as I say, I’m not an expert, this is just what I’ve learned from other peoples experiences.

I’m so pleased you aren’t going to take the Xanax.

Honestly, I think that eating plenty of fruit and veg is more important than Vitamins but if you’re struggling to eat then why not. Again, start low and go slow.

I got in touch with an acupuncture clinic today, hoping for relief!

Hardy.

Hi important. I’m not medically qualified to say but if you really need something to help then I would say try the Escitalopram. I think it’s recommended to start low and go slow. So, start on a very low dose and see how that affects you. If you feel ok then gradually increase to the therapeutic dose. Does your doctor know about your epileptic fit?  But as I say, I’m not an expert, this is just what I’ve learned from other peoples experiences.

I’m so pleased you aren’t going to take the Xanax.

Honestly, I think that eating plenty of fruit and veg is more important than Vitamins but if you’re struggling to eat then why not. Again, start low and go slow.

I got in touch with an acupuncture clinic today, hoping for relief!

Hardy.