Foods that can amp up your post jump symptoms

[se...]

Hey all. Since I have jumped 6 months ago from klonopin I believe certain foods can amp up my symptoms. As I think I understand foods high in glutamate can affect you greatly.

I have limited my diet to some degree of success. Has anyone experience this?

For example, yesterday I had frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) and feel horrible today with burning and tingling. I saw where broccoli is high in glutamate. Wondering if that was the cause.

Thanks

Seeking.

I feel like it’s a dangerous road starting to look at what foods are effecting what neurotransmitters etc because you’ll end up paranoid. It happens here all the time. Just try to not eat things you’re reacting to again for a while and keep an overall healthy diet as much as you can.

Hey all. Since I have jumped 6 months ago from klonopin I believe certain foods can amp up my symptoms. As I think I understand foods high in glutamate can affect you greatly.

I have limited my diet to some degree of success. Has anyone experience this?

For example, yesterday I had frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) and feel horrible today with burning and tingling. I saw where broccoli is high in glutamate. Wondering if that was the cause.

Thanks

Seeking.

Foods definitely affect me hugely. I am just trying to keep my diet as clean as possible with very little processed/boxed foods.

I feel like it’s a dangerous road starting to look at what foods are effecting what neurotransmitters etc because you’ll end up paranoid. It happens here all the time. Just try to not eat things you’re reacting to again for a while and keep an overall healthy diet as much as you can.

Totally agreed. I try not to pay any mind to when something seems to have set me off because it could very well be something else. People should just eat as healthy as they can. The body will sort it out eventually.

I am having big issues with gluten and dairy. So I am just staying away. I don't know if it's glutamate, histamine, or just that they are both inflammatory, but I can live without them for now.

I am experiencing food sensitivity as well. There are some podcasts/videos out there by leaders in the benzo community who talk about what kinds of food they could tolerate.

At first I didn't know what was going on, then I notice the anxious feeling would start about an hour after certain meals, I started a journal of what I was eating and sure enough anytime I had pork or tomatoes, a few hours and the next day would be full of anxiety and panic for no reason.

After taking those two foods out of my diet life is much better