Are these mental symptoms withdrawal?

[Li...]

Hello all

I've been tapering lorazepam (ativan) since February (approximately). My taper started at .75 mg ativan and I am down to .024 , so almost done. My symptoms lately have been mostly mental. I'm getting worried that these are somehow not related to withdrawal and that I'm broken. I'm not interested in things that I used to be interested in, and having trouble enjoying chatting with my kids. I'm having a weird doom feeling (not anxiety about anything, just feeling dread about nothing literally) where it's hard to think about real life stuff at all. Even tv and movies are less interesting. I just generally feel uncomfortable much of the time. Does this sound like it could be withdrawal?

Yes, it sounds like you are depressed, given your lack of interest in things you used to be interested in.  Depression can be one of the sxs experienced during tapering and withdrawing from benzos.

Thank you for the reply. It does come and go, so at least there's that. It alternates with anxiety/nervousness.

I have every withdrawal symptom known to humans. Depression, anxiety and hopelessness all appear to be normal with this. You're not alone. Take care.

I have every withdrawal symptom known to humans. Depression, anxiety and hopelessness all appear to be normal with this. You're not alone. Take care.

Thank you.  What a crazy ride this has been.

Those that you mentioned are typical withdrawal symptoms. Actually I had every one of them, especially insomnia and the mental ones. I couldn't watch tv for months or go to the cinema. The only thing that would helped me was to listen relaxing music.

If the numbers are correct , you say you are at 0.024 mg, that's the jump dose. It seems to me you tapered a little bit too fast. Also lorazepam and Xanax are short half life benzos meaning more difficult to taper and more withdrawal symptoms. So I'm not surprise at all the way you feel. It happened to me with lorazepam that was the first benzo that took me to this hell.

The only thing you can do really is just wait, eat healthy and try to get as distracted as you can. Little by  little your are going to get better.

Mice

Those that you mentioned are typical withdrawal symptoms. Actually I had every one of them, especially insomnia and the mental ones. I couldn't watch tv for months or go to the cinema. The only thing that would helped me was to listen relaxing music.

If the numbers are correct , you say you are at 0.024 mg, that's the jump dose. It seems to me you tapered a little bit too fast. Also lorazepam and Xanax are short half life benzos meaning more difficult to taper and more withdrawal symptoms. So I'm not surprise at all the way you feel. It happened to me with lorazepam that was the first benzo that took me to this hell.

The only thing you can do really is just wait, eat healthy and try to get as distracted as you can. Little by  little your are going to get better.

Mice

Thank you for replying-it's actually comforting to hear that it is withdrawal and not necessarily just going to always be like this. I totally agree that I tapered too fast. I didn't really know what I was doing,  :)