Burning or stinging eyes on diazepam?

[wi...]

It sounds like you attribute this symptom to the Diazepam, but I wonder if it could also be from dose reduction?  I had dry and sore eyes when I was recovering, I'm not sure I would describe it as burning or stinging.  Whatever is causing it, I know its uncomfortable.

I've had dry eyes with my Valium taper, it's eased up as I got lower. Use the eye drops without preservatives (single-use vials, but I reuse the vial until empty), and use a nighttime eye ointment. I was using the drops several times a day, now I use them just once, halfway through the day. I still use the ointment at night. Are you on any other medications? A surprising number of meds can cause dry or burning, eyes.

My optometrist recommended the following for dry eyes:

(1) ProOmega 650 EPA/450 DHA fish oil capsules from Nordic Naturals. Take two capsules with breakfast and two capsules with dinner for two months.  After two months, take two capsules per day with food.

(2) Bruder Moist-Heat-Eye Compress (see link below for more info). Daily, 10-15 minutes per treatment.

(3) Optase Intense Preservative Free Hydrating Eye Drops. Use 2-3 times daily.

(4) For individuals who put in a lot of screen time, follow the 20-20-20 rule.  For every 20 minutes spent looking at a screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.

Link:

Bruder Moist Heat Eye Compress

https://bruder.com/eye-care/dry-eye/bruder-mask/

Scroll down the page to view a video about dry eye disease and the technology behind the mask.