TRAZODONE??

[li...]

Doc prescribed because hydroxyzine. Stopped working. Terrifies me to take an AD but its going to take me at leasft 2 years to microtaper ativan and insomnia post covid started rhis ativan nightmare. Does it poop out? Does it make you more depressed?

Doc prescribed because hydroxyzine. Stopped working. Terrifies me to take an AD but its going to take me at leasft 2 years to microtaper ativan and insomnia post covid started rhis ativan nightmare. Does it poop out? Does it make you more depressed?

I took Trazodone a long time ago.  It was like a sedative and helped me sleep.  It didn't give me more depression.

I take a low dose of trazodone at bedtime (12.5mg).  It helped me over the hump of post-benzo insomnia.  I've had no problems with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been taking Trazodone for almost 2 years, 12.5 then 25mgs and now 50 mgs, helps me sleep, and no ill effects that I know of....I also take Hydroxyzine.

I just started taking trazadone, tried 12.5mg, didn't help at all, upped to 25, still not helping insomnia.  Given 50 but wanted to see if lower would help first.  Planning to try 50 tonight.

RocknRoll- how much did you take?

Trazodone is an very old anti-depressant.

When given on a outpatient basis doses up to 400mg/day were used. Up to 600mg/day for inpatient use.

At the doses normally used to induce sleep - 25mg to 75mg - you would not expect it to act like an anti-depressant to a significant extent.