dry mouth?

[tw...]

Is severe dry mouth a normal symptom? And it taste bad, like I've been licking the inside of a chimney.

I think it maybe because I'm breathing with my mouth open due to shortness of breath.

I had a terribly dry mouth, I'd forgotten about that one, my eyes were dry too so I had to stop wearing contacts.  Things got back to normal when I recovered, hopefully you'll notice improvement soon.

I am suddenly dealing with such dry lips, when I wake up in the morning, there is blood on my pillow and my bottom lip is swollen. I also have sores under my tongue and eating has become difficult to do without pain. Benzo withdrawal? Who knows? No one out there to ask is there? So right now, I use ice and a couple of ibuprofen a day for inflammation and hope it clears up without sending me off to a doc or a dentist. Just can't carry any more than I'm already carrying these days.

I sucked on sugar-free candies and chewed sugar-free gum. This passes.

Mowgli you might use some Chap-Stik before bed. Also a mouth spray like Biotene helps mouth dryness.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Aaarg . . . that's when I discovered Systane eye drops, which I still use. Benzos -- the gift that keeps on giving.

3d-systane_original-15ml-ctn_btl-sbs-usa-f_left.png

Katz

Definitely a symptom, especially in my first couple of weeks post-jump.  Consistent with when I stopped drinking as well - I had the same dry mouth.

I sucked on sugar-free candies and chewed sugar-free gum. This passes.

Mowgli you might use some Chap-Stik before bed. Also a mouth spray like Biotene helps mouth dryness.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Doing just that now and it does help (a little).