How do you deal with a major setback….

[Ha...]

I was tapering off Valium and was down to 15 mg at night plus my other cocktail to manage anxiety and what ever else I have going on.

A lot of family drama happened and we are stuck living by them for now.

It has stressed me out so bad I went back to exactly as prescribed which is 24 mg of Valium a day so disappointed but can’t handle the pressure and don’t see Dr. For few weeks

Family relationships can be some of the biggest stressors we have in our lives!  I used to allow family to get under my skin and I threw some world-class pity parties.  But, when I began tapering off benzos (and alcohol) it washed over me that I would no longer be able to medicate my angst and that I had best learn some new coping tools, the most important of which was not to let myself get so irritated in the first place - people are always going to do things to bother me (and vice versa  :-)

One of the things I would like to suggest to you is that you ultimately learn not to give your peace or mind or your taper progress away to anyone, family included.  Any success we make toward getting off benzos and improving our lives is hard-won and should not be given up easily to anyone.