Is there any medication ...

[je...]

.. or supplement that the whole group agrees is helpful during the taper?

It seems from reading on here that there is not. And I can accept that.

But my mental state is so agonizing, i thought it would be worth it to ask the group.

It seems like different people have had good and bad effects from all different drugs or natural remedies.

I think exercise, rest, nutrition and meditation are agreed as being helpful.

But is there anything medicinal that EVERYONE feels is helpful?

I really do not want to take any other medication or supplement unless it is really something everyone has had good results from.

My Psych put me on Prozac and it made me much more anxious and have panic attack, I stopped it ..and the panic has lessened.

I will speak with her this evening and I know she will try to suggest I take an SSRI, which I will say no to.

I just don't think she knows as much as the group here does at this point.

Thank you for any thoughts,

xJenny

We can't agree on anything jennytapering, even something so seemingly benign as chamomile tea will have members claiming how its benefitted or harmed them.  I'd stick with what you listed to be on the safe side.  "exercise, rest, nutrition and meditation"

We can't agree on anything jennytapering, even something so seemingly benign as chamomile tea will have members claiming how its benefitted or harmed them.  I'd stick with what you listed to be on the safe side.  "exercise, rest, nutrition and meditation"

Thank you Pamster,

That is what I thought.

I'm really struggling with this ..and was hoping there was something.

I'm sure everyone is.

Thank you for always replying, I feel very alone so it helps a lot.

xJen

I think Pamster said it all.

Everybody is too different.

Theanine worked wonders for me. Then it started to turn on me. I don't take anything anymore and let the brain heal on itself.

There is one thing that works miracles, and I keep on saying it, train train train. Sports all day long. I'm injured right now, and I feel so much worse.

But when you're not so young anymore it's hard to train like a pro all day.

Don't think I've heard much people say that exercise turned on them. It has been proven to repair GABA receptors faster I believe.

Anyway, put on your running shoes 😛😁

I think Pamster said it all.

Everybody is too different.

Theanine worked wonders for me. Then it started to turn on me. I don't take anything anymore and let the brain heal on itself.

There is one thing that works miracles, and I keep on saying it, train train train. Sports all day long. I'm injured right now, and I feel so much worse.

But when you're not so young anymore it's hard to train like a pro all day.

Don't think I've heard much people say that exercise turned on them. It has been proven to repair GABA receptors faster I believe.

Anyway, put on your running shoes 😛😁

Thank you SnelleJelle,

Yes I  do swim a mile almost every day and I know this helps.

I was already a swimmer before this and could swim much more, but my body is too tired.

I'm sorry you are injured, I hope you recover as soon as possible.

The emotional pain I am going through is like nothing I have ever imagined.

I was just hoping there was anything else that speeds up the brain healing.

And thank you for often replying to my posts, loneliness is one of my worst feelings, so I appreciate it so much!

xJenny

• 2 weeks later...
[3a...]

Hi Jennytapering,

I would agree that no one will agree about this much asked question. If only there was a magic bullet!

For me, in terms of medication, Promethazine seems to help with my severe insomnia during Benzowithdrawal. Other than that, no.

In terms of supplements, for me, I had some limited and inconclusive aid from Hops and Valerian for sleep, but they work on the same comprimised GABAa receptors.

Some people say Magnesium has helped them during taper:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2020/04/20/one-year-off-benzodiazepines-a-doctors-journey/

For me, what helps, is microtapering and avoiding as much stress I can.

Best of luck.

.. or supplement that the whole group agrees is helpful during the taper?

It seems from reading on here that there is not. And I can accept that.

But my mental state is so agonizing, i thought it would be worth it to ask the group.

It seems like different people have had good and bad effects from all different drugs or natural remedies.

I think exercise, rest, nutrition and meditation are agreed as being helpful.

But is there anything medicinal that EVERYONE feels is helpful?

I really do not want to take any other medication or supplement unless it is really something everyone has had good results from.

My Psych put me on Prozac and it made me much more anxious and have panic attack, I stopped it ..and the panic has lessened.

I will speak with her this evening and I know she will try to suggest I take an SSRI, which I will say no to.

I just don't think she knows as much as the group here does at this point.

Thank you for any thoughts,

xJenny

Thanks Naf,

I am keeping it simple and not adding anything at this point.

Like you said keep tapering slowly, I wish I could avoid the stress that is inside of me, that is what I have the hardest time coping with.

Thank you for taking time to reply,

xJenny

The stress inside is hard and often tricky to squash down or let it pass....

There are many of us whose main symptoms are the mental ones and other have physical. Neither are easy.

I hope you know you are not alone. We are here. We all need support as it is not easy to explain to others as it is not obvious like a broken leg or injured back.

I have taken to eating almonds whenever I wake up - I read it somewhere. Who knows if it is helping but in my head (at the momemt) it is!!

Remember we will all be back on here looking for your chat when we feel low so take big care.

These are not agreed on, but I would suggest looking into CBD or even something like valerian root. CBD lowers glutamate and I don't think it affects gaba. Valerian does, so I'd be cautious but it has helped me with relaxation in the past.