Back on track after 2 year break. Has anything changed?

[Pe...]

Well the past 2 years has not been fun. I had a major bowel obstruction during my taper which put me in the hospital.  The Benzobelly and Crohns didn't play well together. 

Anyway...I'm 42 now and have been holding at 0.25mg K since.

I mixed my K vodka solution today and will simply transition from 0.25 pill to 0.25 liquid for a month.

Questions for the group

Can benzo/vodka solution go bad? I remember there being a debate  with folks stating that the solution became less effective over time.

I am on 0.25mg K. Is there a chart that shows what other less powerful benzo I could transition too?

Thank you

I’m sorry the past two years have been difficult, Peter40.

Re: your question about Do-It-Youself (DIY) liquids …

Per our Titration: FAQs, DIY (homebrew) liquids made with regular tablets as the drug source have not been professionally analyzed so we do not know their properties.  For example, we do not know if they are solutions, suspensions, or something else.  Consequently, we do not know how much of the active drug substance is contained in a given volume of DIY liquid. We also do not know how stable DIY liquids are over time. Generally speaking, liquids forms of drugs are less stable than solid dosage forms (e.g. tablets, capsules). 

I share the above with you not to dissuade you from using a DIY liquid, but rather to educate you about what is known/unknown about them so you can make an informed decision. The bottom line is that some individuals are able to use DIY liquids to taper whereas others are not.

Re: your question about a chart …

Are you referring to Professor Ashton’s Benzodiazepine Equivalence Table? (See link below.) As you may know, Ashton was a proponent of substituting diazepam/Valium for the purpose of discontinuation because of its lower potency and longer half-life.  (The Ashton equivalent for 0.25mg of clonazepam would be 5mg of diazepam.)

Link:

Ashton’s Benzodiazepine Equivalence Table

https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm