Past tramas haunting me in withdrawal Help/ advice

[Bu...]

I briefly mentioned this before in another post. My past is very vivid now. I've had a lot of really bad things happen to me (random violence  - lucky me). I'm reliving it all again. I'm also exceptionally angry about myself about those events and wished i did more about them at the time.Any advice on this . Clomazapam withdrawal.

No one wants to hear this kind of advice . . . but my therapist has been a godsend in helping me with my PTSD from violence in my past. I think ppl want a pill . . . or the 12-week CBT "fix your thoughts/fix your behavior" program. Anyhow, I recommend talk therapy with someone who specializes in helping folks with PTSD. Yeah, it's inconvenient (omg you actually have to find matching socks and GO somewhere), lengthy, and  can be expensive if you don't have insurance, but it made a huge difference in my life. Just my two cents' worth.

I feel for you, Bulldog. No one should have to carry around this pain. Best wishes,

:smitten:

Katz

I can relate to this.

Therapy is helping me because I am being heard. I’m trying to see this as something of an opportunity to deal with things I was able to ignore for a long time. I agree that the past is vivid, I thought it was my age and all the time I’ve spent alone these past few years.

Apparently I’m also educating the therapist about benzo withdrawal.