Adding Temezepam to Diazepam

[Mi...]

Libertas suggested I add this question here so here goes....

I have added the temezepam equivalent to my diazepam amount to make one benzo to taper from.

The crossover was done over 2 weeks. Felt good during crossover but now (going into the 4th week) I feel incredibly low.

I wondered if anyone could explain why this has happened? I thought I was doing the right thing but I have gone into a massive long term dip.

Starting to think whatever path I choose to get off these meds I will never manage 😢

Diazepam has a fairly well-known side effect of depression.  Maybe your body needs more time to adjust.  I remember times that I updosed Clonazepam and had crying spells for a while.

Thank you Rocknroll

Is this your first attempt at a taper?

I am concerned as was on lorazapam first and was increased/decreased by doctor that it will make it harder to get off?

How long do you think the spells lasted for?

I am desperate to taper off now properly as I have a lot of knowledge but I am also crapping it!

I just wish they had been upfront about the meds when we were given then.

Thanks for responding

Diazepam has a fairly well-known side effect of depression.  Maybe your body needs more time to adjust.  I remember times that I updosed Clonazepam and had crying spells for a while.

Thank you Rocknroll

Is this your first attempt at a taper?

I am concerned as was on lorazapam first and was increased/decreased by doctor that it will make it harder to get off?

How long do you think the spells lasted for?

I am desperate to taper off now properly as I have a lot of knowledge but I am also crapping it!

I just wish they had been upfront about the meds when we were given then.

Thanks for responding

My first attempt, yes.  Crying spells would last a couple days, then I'd be back to normal. :)

That is good news. I wish you all the best. How are you feeling the now?

Doing pretty good.  I keep a journal in the Progress board of the forum.  Thanks for asking...Take Care