Overstimulation

[Sn...]

Has anyone exoerienced that if they go outside they csnt go to far away?

All the car noises, screaming children, people outside, that it just gets too much and that your heart starts pounding, you get dizzy, and you just have to get the hell back inside?

All the stimulances outside feal like cuts in my soul.

I always have to wear earplugs and sunglasses.

I live in a house where there come cars from every direction. And a big window, which I hate. I just hate the whole house and neighborhood since we moved here in 2000. I used to live in a nice quiet neighborhood.

2 years I paid for 7000 euro to put in triple glass in my room, and rolling shutters/blinds, to protect myself from all the noises and sunlight.

Saw it as an investment in my health. Really helped with the overstimulation.

Anybody else experience things like this?

Hi!! I'm so sorry you going through this: so am I. Yes, EVERYTHING bothers me. I'm hyper-sensitive now. Itsu Norma to be this way. Very normal wha your feeling. I'm glad you found a solution to the issue. Blessings from Canada.

Definitely YES!  I had a clock in my office (I work from home) that I have had for years.  I never noticed the ticking sound until last month!  It was driving me crazy!! I had to take the battery out and just hung it back up, LOL.  I also went to the dentist to get a crown replaced.  While I was waiting for the dentist (a hellish experience), It sounded like they were literally sawing off the arm of the person in the next room, the drilling was so loud! 

Also, kids drive me crazy too, thank God my kids are older or I don't think I could do this.  I feel you.......

Appointments with dentists are absolutely hell indeed.

Don't have kids yet by the way, I still live like a teenager in my parents house at 36, which is sad, I know.

But there are 2 schools here in the neighborhood and their screams drive me nuts when I come back from running.

It's also hellish that I don't have a safe quiet home to comehome  too. I'm stuck in this loud neighborhood. Everytime I come back home I think: 'a no, I have to get inside this house again.'

Can't move out, because I only can afford crappy loud small houses with lots of neighbours and people around. Will only make things worse. Have to get better, get a steady income, move to a nice quiet neighborhood.

(when I do get kids, probably when I'm in my 40s, I hope it will be a pleasant experience, being all healthy 😅)

And I don't want to be alone, so I rather be with my parents, who are still young. One day I'll be with a nice girl.

Oh and another fun fact:

I live across a police station.

So every day it's:

TATUTATUTATU

Aaaaarghh 😱

Have you tried noise cancelling headphones?  I agree it would be hard to live near a school and police station!  When this whole experience is over, you will look back on it and be so grateful for the small things in life...such as not wanting to kill kids playing!  LOL 

Have you tried noise cancelling headphones?  I agree it would be hard to live near a school and police station!  When this whole experience is over, you will look back on it and be so grateful for the small things in life...such as not wanting to kill kids playing!  LOL

I get weird ear pressure with noise canceling.

I do this:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=269493.0

Absolutely!  Whenever I go into a big store with high ceilings, fluorescent lights, stuff and people everywhere I get dizzy and flushed.  Too much stimulation!

Same thing happens if my husband, in the other room , is watching a video on his phone.  The sound/music coming out of the phone sets me off.  Also clock ticking like cooper5 said.  I have also taken a battery out of a clock.

I also listen to white noise especially at night.  Rain or waves.  Even calming music like quiet classical or ambient music is too much sometimes. 

It’s crazy.  :idiot:

Great link, thanks for posting!  I was in a store today with high ceilings and florescent lights.  I started feeling dizzy all of the sudden and didn't know why, now I know!  I of course thought it was related to my taper, but usually can tolerate a short visit to the store with no issues.  When I got back in the car, I was fine.  The sensory issues- the struggle is real!