Does Weight Loss Cause Waves?

[Fi...]

Hi,

I'm almost 17 months of a Klonopin and prior to that got off of other medications. I have been doing pretty well though I'm out of shape and tired.

I had been holding onto some medication and pandemic weight, (about 15lbs) and decided two weeks ago to radically change my diet. I had been eating pretty well but wanted to move towards a pescatarian way of eating. I chose an anti-inflammatory diet and eliminated dairy, sugar, flour, meat and chicken.

In the past two weeks I have lost 8 pounds but have had diarrhea, nausea, burning skin, and sweating.

Is this the left over medication that has been stored in my fat cells being released?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Final Healing

Do you consider yourself fully recovered from the Klonopin?  I'm trying to establish what your baseline is.

Hi Pamster,

No, I would not say I'm fully recovered. At 17 months I still have some symptoms like the sweating and burning skin. Those weren't common symptoms for me during withdrawal. My sleep was just getting more stable but now has gotten into an every other night pattern of good sleep and not good sleep. 

I may have a stomach bug, which people around me say that they have had too. But I do wonder if any leftover meds in my fat cells are being released as well.

So my baseline is probably that I'm 85% healed.

Final healing

It sounds like there could be a few different factors involved in your issues but if its not a bug going around, I'd probably adjust your diet to see if that will settle things a bit.  I know you want to improve your life through diet and that's a good thing but your body may not be up to the task right now.

As for fat cells, I have no idea but it might be a good topic for Chewing the Fat;)