Asthma symptoms worse, diazepam tolerance withdrawal advice please

[St...]

Hi, I would appreciate a reply from anyone who can advise or reassure. I am finding that asthma which I would only experience very occasionally has got worse. I do feel it's connected to the ongoing stress tapering off this medication is causing. Has anyone else experienced this. Many thanks and God bless 💞

I don't have this problem but it sounds scary so I can see why you're concerned.  Do you use any medication for this condition and do these episodes feel different from the others you've had?

My asthma was similar. Only occasionally gave me trouble.  I would only use an inhaler maybe a couple times a year.

In my early taper I found myself using it almost 2-3 times a week or more. Air hunger is a common Benzo symptom that can trigger our asthma.  My doc felt in my state I was more sensitive to sensations.

It will get better.  My asthma is back to where it was pre Benzo. I have not used an inhaler in months.

I found my asthma was linked to histamine issues. I'm on a low histamine diet and it definitely improved my asthma. I didn't make any dietary changes for my benzo's. I tried the low histamine diet for Covid related issues but then noticed my asthma got drastically better.

Thank you for all your responses, much appreciated. My asthma has now calmed down, been drinking fresh ginger, honey and lemon. I get bad hay fever, which doesn't usually affect my asthma but this year it did and I do feel it's connected to the benzos. I very rarely need an asthma pump, only for dust allergies which I avoid and then not always. I researched and found out that you shouldn't give someone with asthma benzodiazepines!! Cannot wait to be free of these pills. At the half way mark of my taper, 13 mg diazepam. Thanks again to you all. God bless 💞