Re: I'm FREE!!!

[Al...]

Hi again everyone and Happy New Year! Here's to everyone getting free from this poison this year!!!

I just wanted to tell you that I'm 6 months clean off of this stuff! YAY! I have lost 10 pounds and am now weight training, jumping rope and eating mostly raw foods. What a difference 6 months makes! I feel the best I ever have in my life and I know it's all from getting off of Klonopin!!!

I wanted to stop in and give you hope! It really does get better.. it's like a WHOLE NEW LIFE. Truly, I feel so lucky to have come as far as I have and to have been able to make friends here to support and help me through the rough spots.

I'm living life to the fullest now and it's just AMAZING!

Love you all! Feel free to msg me any time.

xoxo Rose

Hi Rose,

Thank you so much for letting us know how you're doing, it's so important for others to know there is hope, and you've just provided that!

Rose,

Can I ask you -- did you have anxiety before Klonopin?  If so, how bad was it?  It sounds like you're doing much better.  Are you better than before you took Klonopin?

I just have this instinctive feeling that going through the torture of benzo use and withdrawals will give me a new perspective on my previous anxiety.  I'm also trying to figure out if I could have gotten this perspective had I not gone through this hell?  Does that make sense?  Sorry, little bit of cog-fog.  Don't know if I'm being all that coherent.

--Bluegus

Thank you Stoney and Missy!!

Blue: I didn't have anxiety as much as I had a phobia which induced anxiety (I don't know if that's different??) I have (yes, still have) a fear of vomiting and K was prescribed to help me SLEEP (haha, the one thing I could not do for MONTHS after going off the dang stuff!).. I took it way too long and it was always available for me in refills. I wish the doc would have said no to refills after the first year but he didn't and I didn't know any better!

I am definitely better than before I took the K. I think my body enjoyed being in a drugged up fog most of the time because I kept on taking it even if I didn't feel I need it. I definitely have a brand new perspective on life now and the previous anxiety (though it is still there) is not that big of a deal like it used to be. Almost like the pills made the anxiety worse but my brain told me that the doctor said it would help, so that was half the battle to relinquish myself to something I thought would help. It didn't.

Believe me, you will feel like a BRAND NEW PERSON when you are finished with this crap. TOTALLY different. I tell you the truth and tell everyone who is on this stuff to make it a goal to get off of it as soon as they can. It changed my life forever and now I'm taking my life back. It does make a heck of a lot of sense, Blue. You can message me any time. I'm always around to help with questions.

Praying for all of you.. life can be amazing when you're clean from chemicals!

xoxox :smitten:

:smitten:Thank you, Linder. I appreciate your stopping by :) Best wishes to you. I know how hard the journey is but stick with it, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel for sure. I wouldn't have believed it but since I walked the walk and came out on the other side, I feel I can motivate others to believe it is true!

Big hugs!

Hello Rose,

It is so nice to hear from you. Yes, this is my year to join you in becoming benzo free. I am so happy to be nearing the end of my taper. What a great thing to celebrate for this New Year. I will be happy to join you in being free from benzos. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I am so happy you are doing so well. What great news.

Summer

Summer, you WILL be free this year! You are so close!!! :) If I can do it, I feel like anyone can. I was so resistant for many years to get off of it because I felt like I needed it!! I was so wrong and this year is going to be the best ever! So glad you are nearing the finish line.. keep running, and don't quit, you're almost there! xoxo