Derealisation and depersonalisation...?

[Bi...]

Hello,

I am 3 months off of benzo's and my dp/dr waves are easing a tiny bit, but I still find them so horrible as I feel like I'm in a different world and not grounded in reality so days at work and things drag on with all sorts of screwed up places my head ends up... is this how it feels for other people as well? I've felt so alone in it, so would be good to see how other people have felt it.

I’m currently 3 months off clonazepam as well and DPDR is my main symptom , always there. I feel just like you do. You aren’t alone. ❤️ I never experienced this until tapering and then it got worse once I was off. Hoping it won’t last too long 😥

I'm 39 months off and still have dp/dr.  Started in tolerance.  It sucks.  Slightly removed from reality.  Used to be worse, in the beginning. 

It's improving.  I guess that's a plus.  :)

Sorry you've got it too.

Ah thank you both - sad that you both have it too - but does make me feel a lot better to find other people going through it as its a bit less scary. As much as I love the people around me, they don't fully understand the feeling disconnected and like I'm not in the real world - particularly as I don't express much with it despite the times my head is going crazy - and it just gets tricky.

I'm 39 months off and still have dp/dr.  Started in tolerance.  It sucks.  Slightly removed from reality.  Used to be worse, in the beginning. 

It's improving.  I guess that's a plus.  :)

Sorry you've got it too.

Do you think getting off benzos is why you have the Dpdr?

Yes, I do Hopehealing.  I can remember it starting when in tolerance then, if I took benzo would go away.  Developed a verbal tic at same time. I don't have Tourette's.  I told my doctor about it, but he told me was anxiety.  I have no doubt it's connected to stopping benzos. 

This, coupled with the trauma of complete withdrawal ramped it up even further. 

It is improving Hopehealing, but it's been a very lonely world which friends and family don't really understand.  I don't discuss it with anyone any longer. 

When it was really bad would feel as if trying to touch, engage, enter, into real world but couldn't quite reach it.  Never experienced before in my life.   

Improving, but have learned I must avoid stress.