3 weeks since jump, hell has resumed, help.

[Tr...]

After many months tapering down from 1mg I managed to get to .23mg. At that dose all I experienced was brain fog and tolerance withdrawl. I decided to jump from that dose in an effort to end the tedious taper and fight the last bit cold Turkey. I ended up making it 3 weeks off with the ability to handle how I felt, but today is just a whole other animal. I slept 3 hours last night, my hormones are all scrambled (cortisol and stress has been cranked up) and I just feel absolutely terrible physically and mentally. I have been trying to decide if I need to go back to a low dose like .25 at night to try to re stabilize. I am totally exhausted and feeling super anxious. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am just suffering like hell today.

Kate08 did something similar, she jumped at a fairly high dose and realized it wasn't working for her so she went back on a did a short water taper and it worked out much better for her.  I'll let her know your situation and maybe she can give you the benefit of her experience.

Gosh I'm so sorry. I know you were very motivated to jump. I can only imagine how difficult it must be. I'm close to 0.125mg and way too scared to jump here.

My only advice would be to make the decision sooner rather than later. And whatever you decide to do don't beat yourself up over the decisions you've made.

Hey Trtguy, I'll share my experience on jumping with you.  I tapered over about 4 months off clonazepam by dry cutting but when I got to 0.25mg I couldn't easily cut any longer.  The idea o fa liquid taper did NOT appeal to me so with a fair amount of trepidation, I jumped at 0.25mg.  I was doubtful that I had gone far enough and within a couple of days the anxiety was so terrible that I not only reinstated, I updosed too.  I started back at 0.5mg and did a water taper in 50ml water for 50 days (looking back, updosing was unnecessary but I was terribly panicky by then).  When I got to 0.01mg I jumped from there.  That time things went smoothly and I had no doubts that I had done the right thing and gone far enough the second time - I had total peace of mind.  I still had insomnia to deal with but I knew for sure that my tapering was over

Below is the taper plan I used.  If you decide to reinstate, just keep in mind that the # of ml of water you use will determine the length of the taper AND you need to shake vigorously and dose immediately because what you get with this is a suspension, not a solution.

Let me know if you need help - many people supported me through this.    :thumbsup:

Gosh I'm so sorry. I know you were very motivated to jump. I can only imagine how difficult it must be. I'm close to 0.125mg and way too scared to jump here.

My only advice would be to make the decision sooner rather than later. And whatever you decide to do don't beat yourself up over the decisions you've made.

Thanks for the thoughtful response, the support is very meaningful especially in this battle mostly by ourselves. Getting off is really hard on our nervous system/ bodies. It’s unbelievable what a crumb of medication does.

Just random advice but NO coffee. NO caffeine from soda. NO Smokey joe cigarettes.

Maybe one day but not now. 

Hey Trtguy, I'll share my experience on jumping with you.  I tapered over about 4 months off clonazepam by dry cutting but when I got to 0.25mg I couldn't easily cut any longer.  The idea o fa liquid taper did NOT appeal to me so with a fair amount of trepidation, I jumped at 0.25mg.  I was doubtful that I had gone far enough and within a couple of days the anxiety was so terrible that I not only reinstated, I updosed too.  I started back at 0.5mg and did a water taper in 50ml water for 50 days (looking back, updosing was unnecessary but I was terribly panicky by then).  When I got to 0.01mg I jumped from there.  That time things went smoothly and I had no doubts that I had done the right thing and gone far enough the second time - I had total peace of mind.  I still had insomnia to deal with but I knew for sure that my tapering was over

Below is the taper plan I used.  If you decide to reinstate, just keep in mind that the # of ml of water you use will determine the length of the taper AND you need to shake vigorously and dose immediately because what you get with this is a suspension, not a solution.

Let me know if you need help - many people supported me through this.    :thumbsup:

Thank you for the detailed response. That’s what I hate about these drugs is no matter how tough or stubborn you are it will still fry your nerves in a matter of days. I will probably re dose dry at .25mg then see how the liquid goes. The dry pill cutting got on my nerves so bad that’s half the reason I tried to just get off. Thanks again. It’s great to have this tool for support.

Just random advice but NO coffee. NO caffeine from soda. NO Smokey joe cigarettes.

I’ve actually been following that. I believe it’s the best way to go to minimize any WD symptoms. Thanks for adding that much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

:o

So that might explain my coffee and nicotine craving im having since some weeks !  Never linked it to wd ! 

Thx for posting.

Im scared cutting cofee and nicotine WD would make it all even harder. My smoke has been my support.  :-[

:o

So that might explain my coffee and nicotine craving im having since some weeks !  Never linked it to wd ! 

Thx for posting.

Im scared cutting cofee and nicotine WD would make it all even harder. My smoke has been my support.  :-[

I would hesitate suggesting you stop smoking, you've got enough going on at the moment, this could add to your stress making things more challenging.

• 2 weeks later...
[12...]

The crumb you refer to, 0.23mg. of Klonopin (Clonazepam) equals to almost 10mg. of Diazepam (Valium). That is a massive jump.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s5

I don't know how you are doing right now, if you've come off the Benzos or if you're still tapering. I just want to mention the Ashton Manual and hope you realize the potency of different Benzos.

Best of luck,

Naf183

Thanks for the thoughtful response, the support is very meaningful especially in this battle mostly by ourselves. Getting off is really hard on our nervous system/ bodies. It’s unbelievable what a crumb of medication does.