Holiday setback

[Ha...]

I am 3 months off Lorazepam. I have just been to the coast with my husband for a few days and it was awful. I could hardly leave our hotel room I was so anxious. We came home early. Now, I feel so tired and anxious I am just lying in bed mostly. This has really set me back and I’m wondering if I can actually live my life without benzos. I took a rescue dose while we were away and it helped so much. I don’t know how much more suffering I can take but I know that benzos are not the answer. I have had some windows and it was wonderful, really wonderful but now I’m back to this big wave it all seems too much to bear. My poor husband is worn out from seeing me so tormented.

I figured things weren't too good for you, haven't seen you encouraging others like you normally do, even through your pain.  I'm sorry to hear your vacation was so difficult, I can't imagine even attempting a holiday while recovering. 

How did you feel before, did things gradually get worse or was it doomed before it began?

I am 3 months off Lorazepam. I have just been to the coast with my husband for a few days and it was awful. I could hardly leave our hotel room I was so anxious. We came home early. Now, I feel so tired and anxious I am just lying in bed mostly. This has really set me back and I’m wondering if I can actually live my life without benzos. I took a rescue dose while we were away and it helped so much. I don’t know how much more suffering I can take but I know that benzos are not the answer. I have had some windows and it was wonderful, really wonderful but now I’m back to this big wave it all seems too much to bear. My poor husband is worn out from seeing me so tormented.

[/quote

You are doing amazing to  have gone away. In 39 months managed two nights away at the coast an hour away from where we live after 2 and half years of this. Was a mess when came back made my husband drive back to check all is well. Can’t imagine even going out for day anywhere, think holidays thing of past for me, so well done you. Doing lot better than me, as you can obviously venture out maybe just try going out for the day then gradually increase.? You are getting windows which is amazing, I had 1 brief one a month ago nothing but wave after wave. Unbearably hot here doesn’t help either.

Thanks Pamster and Leanne. Your support means a great deal. It was all too much to ask of my poor brain! Yes, I will stick with staying at home or my sisters until things get a bit better hopefully.

I don’t know what I’d do without this forum, it really is a lifeline for me and many others.

Hardy.

You are doing lot better than me for sure. I can’t venture far from where I live, sounds like you are better. Maybe try short trip in car half a day see how it goes. I make myself go out for a walk everyday but wouldn’t say it’s stress free. Think my brain given up trying to recover at moment. Are you getting hot weather where you are, about 34 degrees here .

Yep, very hot indeed. I’m lying in bed with my Dyson Cool fan on full power. Forecast for tomorrow is cooler thank goodness. Gardens need some rain!

Yes be glad when it cools down bit. Sleep really difficult. Been hosing the garden in evening for  my poor plants