Need help from fellow migraine sufferers

[Sh...]

To all my fellow migraine sufferers, how do you deal with headaches during your clonazepam taper. i take 220mg Naproxen and get gradual relief from it but during taper I have realized that it has stopped working. Please help. Any naturopathic or homeopathic medications that might help.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Currently on 0.26mg Clonazepam

09/2019 - 0.5 mg clonazepam

Nov 09,2021 - 0.48mg

Dec 07, 2021  0.46 mg

Dec 28, 2021 - 0.44mg

Jan 10, 2022 - 0.4 mg

Jan 25, 2022 - 0.38mg

Feb 24, 2022 - 0.36mg

March 15, 2022 - 0.34 mg

April 10, 2022 - 0.32 mg

April 26, 2022 - 0.3 mg

May 08th, 2022 - 0.28mg

May 23rd, 2022 - 0.26mg

No natural remedy has ever worked for me. Even my prescribed pain killers are only taking the edge off. I'm sorry I can't be of more help,  I just wanted you to know I feel your pain and you're not alone.

I take Imitrex (sumatriptan) and it works wonders for me - absolute life changer as my migraines can be totally debilitating.  The trick is that I need to take the Imitrex at the onset of a migraine.  If I leave it too late and the migraine has already developed then it will not work.

I get the 100mg tablets and cut them in half.  50mg seems to be the right dose for me.  My prescription will then last twice as long that way.

Hope you find some medication that works for you. 

I take Imitrex (sumatriptan) and it works wonders for me - absolute life changer as my migraines can be totally debilitating.  The trick is that I need to take the Imitrex at the onset of a migraine.  If I leave it too late and the migraine has already developed then it will not work.

I get the 100mg tablets and cut them in half.  50mg seems to be the right dose for me.  My prescription will then last twice as long that way.

Hope you find some medication that works for you.

You can take Imitrex only as needed for the migraine? You don't have to take it every day to prevent a migraine from coming on?

My neurologist was terribly unhelpful regarding my migraines. He told me that I should take amitriptyline  for migraines but it is an anti-depressant that I would need to take everyday, so I said absolutely not to him.

I try to follow an anti-inflammation diet and take Tylenol, but that really doesn't do much for me. Been dealing with them for a few years due to benzo withdrawal symptoms- my MRI showed migrainous activity and small blood vessel disease, never had a problem with either before benzo withdrawal.

Thank you so much @jellybaby and @flyfisher88.

I get headaches when I taper my dose but they are mild and I try to tolerate them. But the migraines are excruciating. I would try to get a prescription for Sumatriptan and see if that works for me.

I am glad that there are people out there who can understand my pain

I take frovatriptan.  It's a prescription as needed only for Migraines.  It's the only thing that works for me, but you do have to take it at the onset like others have said.  Migraines are the worst!  I am sorry you are suffering!

You can take Imitrex only as needed for the migraine?

Yes

You don't have to take it every day to prevent a migraine from coming on?

No.  I only take it when I feel the headache is coming.

One of my docs prescribed amitriptyline.  For me it was awful - I did not respond well to it all all.  Very nasty, so I stopped taking it.

To all my fellow migraine sufferers, how do you deal with headaches during your clonazepam taper. i take 220mg Naproxen and get gradual relief from it but during taper I have realized that it has stopped working. Please help. Any naturopathic or homeopathic medications that might help.

For me;

975 MG Aspirin +

100MG Sumatriptan.

Close eyes in cool dark room, rest,,,.  Gone in 30-40 minutes.

Been working for 9 years /  About 1100 doses in those 9 years.

Still works like a magic bullet.

Important; I take above dose with 32 ounces of liquid.

Have doc check your heart as its like a stimulant,,, sort off.

If your in a warm room you will wake up sweating.

Good luck

Bird :smitten:

@taterTot91, could you please share your anti inflammation diet.

Sure! I used a registered dietitian who ordered food sensitivity tests (requiring blood work) through my doctor. You could just go straight the doctor probably. Then with the results, we made a plan not to eat the food I tested sensitive to, and eat a very simple diet of foods for a few weeks, and start adding foods in individually to see how I reacted, or hopefully didn't react. It is called the LEAP Protocol for "Lifestyle Eating and Performance."

Heres the link:

https://www.nowleap.com/leap/

You can take Imitrex only as needed for the migraine?

Yes

You don't have to take it every day to prevent a migraine from coming on?

No.  I only take it when I feel the headache is coming.

One of my docs prescribed amitriptyline.  For me it was awful - I did not respond well to it all all.  Very nasty, so I stopped taking it.

Thanks, @Flyfisher88

I also appreciate hearing about your experience with amitriptyline. I knew it would be a mistake. The doctor recommended it despite my informing him of all the harm that poly-drugging did to me...which gave me the migraines in the first place. Frustrating.

But perhaps I can get a prescription for Imitrex from him.

I also took amitriptyline for about 2 days.  It was horrible for me, I basically just slept and it was hard to get out of bed.  It's a really old antidepressant.  My Dr used it off label for my IBS which like you was caused by Benzos! 

Any kind of prescription Triptan medication will work if taken at the onset AS Needed only.  Its the only thing that will work for my headaches/migraines.  I hope you get some relief from them soon! 

Hugs to you

I also took amitriptyline for about 2 days.  It was horrible for me, I basically just slept and it was hard to get out of bed.  It's a really old antidepressant.  My Dr used it off label for my IBS which like you was caused by Benzos! 

Any kind of prescription Triptan medication will work if taken at the onset AS Needed only.  Its the only thing that will work for my headaches/migraines.  I hope you get some relief from them soon! 

Hugs to you

Thank you! I appreciate the advice and support so much!  :thumbsup: