Need support and have questions

[Gy...]

hello everyone reading this I got a quick question I had insomnia before benzodiazepines and this is different I have no recollection of falling a sleep and I am never tired and never feel the sleepy feeling I also have anhedonia and loss of libido from the benzo/weed cocktail my question is did some of yall had relief of this symptoms and got normal again one good thing is a lost my anxiety thank you for you're answer you're fellow benzobuddie Gymrat

Yes, since you gas pedal is floored (glutamates), you may not feel tired even though you have little or broken sleep.  I don’t remember falling asleep, have about six hours of very broken light sleep and am always energetic.  I have always had to watch my calories and now, after losing 22 pounds in the first five weeks of benzo withdrawal, I can eat as much as I want and I never fluctuate more than a pound of two.  I am now in my 12th month of recovery, and this energetic non sleepy status is still with me.  From reading other posts, this happens for some/many.  Best wishes for a complete recovery but remember, it usually takes way more time than one can imagine!

First, it would be helpful if you included your medication history in your signature, these are the instructions but if you need help just put the info here and we can do it for you. Add your history/signature 

You quit cold turkey right?  Insomnia for some is the last symptom to leave but I remember those days.  Exhausted but wired, feel like crap all day long, so tired then come bedtime, wide awake and miserable.  Benzo insomnia is wicked but it goes away like the other symptoms as or when you recover. 

I've chased sleep all of my life using all the wrong tools to get it, alcohol, benzo's, z-drugs but it wasn't until I went through this experience that I finally realized you can't chase or force sleep, you have to allow it to come to you.  What helped was acceptance, and using some of the tools outlined in this post.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

Libido issues are common too, some members are left with little to none and others are hyper sexual and absolutely miserable so if you didn't have a problem before, you most likely won't when you recover.

Yes, since you gas pedal is floored (glutamates), you may not feel tired even though you have little or broken sleep.  I don’t remember falling asleep, have about six hours of very broken light sleep and am always energetic.  I have always had to watch my calories and now, after losing 22 pounds in the first five weeks of benzo withdrawal, I can eat as much as I want and I never fluctuate more than a pound of two.  I am now in my 12th month of recovery, and this energetic non sleepy status is still with me.  From reading other posts, this happens for some/many.  Best wishes for a complete recovery but remember, it usually takes way more time than one can imagine!

thanks for you're time and answer its scary to never feel tired but I use it in good way I go to gym every day and work out like a maniac I try to distract myself and trying to relearn myself to like things but it's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem I hope for you to that you're tiredness returns and normal sleep

First, it would be helpful if you included your medication history in your signature, these are the instructions but if you need help just put the info here and we can do it for you. Add your history/signature 

You quit cold turkey right?  Insomnia for some is the last symptom to leave but I remember those days.  Exhausted but wired, feel like crap all day long, so tired then come bedtime, wide awake and miserable.  Benzo insomnia is wicked but it goes away like the other symptoms as or when you recover. 

I've chased sleep all of my life using all the wrong tools to get it, alcohol, benzo's, z-drugs but it wasn't until I went through this experience that I finally realized you can't chase or force sleep, you have to allow it to come to you.  What helped was acceptance, and using some of the tools outlined in this post.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

Libido issues are common too, some members are left with little to none and others are hyper sexual and absolutely miserable so if you didn't have a problem before, you most likely won't when you recover.

thank you Pam for you're answer my libido before benzos was sky high I would almost say hypersexual and about sleep I know not to chase it. It just happens but I never feel the sleepy chemical and when I sleep even if it's short I'm never tired or groggy that's just scary but also a another question did people recover from anhedonia?

Thanks for adding your signature.  :)

I know what you mean about not feeling groggy when you do manage to get some sleep.  What I absolutely love now is waking up to that groggy feeling because I know I've slept deeply to get that. I never felt that when I was taking Klonopin for sleep or when I was really stupid and took Ambien but now it's delicious to wake up that way.

As for the anhedonia, its so awful to lose our joy in life, to now know nothing but negativity and misery.  I couldn't connect with myself or others and I couldn't laugh or feel love, I couldn't even cry but I know some members who can't stop crying so it affects each of us differently.

All of this left me when I recovered, its crazy how far down this process takes us but when its over the euphoria and gratitude are amazing.

Thanks for adding your signature.  :)

I know what you mean about not feeling groggy when you do manage to get some sleep.  What I absolutely love now is waking up to that groggy feeling because I know I've slept deeply to get that. I never felt that when I was taking Klonopin for sleep or when I was really stupid and took Ambien but now it's delicious to wake up that way.

As for the anhedonia, its so awful to lose our joy in life, to now know nothing but negativity and misery.  I couldn't connect with myself or others and I couldn't laugh or feel love, I couldn't even cry but I know some members who can't stop crying so it affects each of us differently.

All of this left me when I recovered, its crazy how far down this process takes us but when its over the euphoria and gratitude are amazing.

did you fully recover Pam?

Yep, my recovery only took 14 months but I suspect that it could have happened sooner if I wouldn't have started taking Ambien about 5 or 6 months into it.  :idiot:

I've never had a setback since I declared myself recovered and I'm not sensitive to anything since that time, I was extremely lucky and I'm grateful.

Yep, my recovery only took 14 months but I suspect that it could have happened sooner if I wouldn't have started taking Ambien about 5 or 6 months into it.  :idiot:

I've never had a setback since I declared myself recovered and I'm not sensitive to anything since that time, I was extremely lucky and I'm grateful.

thanks for you're answer again Pam and I'm very happy for you that you recoverd that 14 months most likely feld like it would never end but nice that you recoverd and probably are a stronger person than before I also think just to wait it out and go to gym and take it easy what is the only thing I can do I hope I recover to and get myself and personality back I can't wait for that day!