At .5 Diaz…what to do?

[Ta...]

I’m finally at the end of my taper and I have windows and waives. I’m at .5 Diaz. Should I jump now or continue tapering lower. I have windows and waves but still functional. My goal is to continue to be functional I pray when I come off.

I’m near the end of my taper also. I’m on 2mg. Was it hard for you to go from 2 to 1 and are you dry tapering? I took 1 mg 5 days out of the 30 days and was struggling bad so I’m holding right now at 2.

Hey, holding had never really helped me so I keep plugging along. I have felt crappy the whole way down but I’m functional for my family and work. Heather Ashton talks about not dragging out the last part of the taper but I also don’t want to rush it either.

When to jump is a common question and I usually answer it by asking more.  How have your last few reductions treated you, this seems to be an indicator of what you may can expect when you jump, just more of the same.  Also, your confidence in when to jump is important, if you're hesitant or ever fearful then it's best to taper a bit further so in your mind you'll know you did everything you could to bring on a gentle landing.

To both of you at the end of your tapers, you inspire me!  I can't wait until this is my story!  I have no experience or advise for you, but I wish you both all the best toward the very end.  Please keep us posted on your post taper!

Thanks so much Pamster. About 10 days ago, I completely cut out my evening dose by .5. It was rough the first night but then I felt better actually. Nothing crazy happened. I have some persistent symptoms like low level chemical anxiety and muscle pain/tension. I think I have some PTSD from my CT a year and a half ago. It was horrific. My taper has been hard but NOTHING like the CT.

To answer the other questions. I’ve done different things throughout my taper. I’ve done cut and hold in the beginning. Then I moved to a dry cut microtaper using a scale. For the last part of my taper, I used a daily water microtaper.

About 10 days ago, I completely cut out my evening dose by .5. It was rough the first night but then I felt better actually. Nothing crazy happened.

This is promising! 

Hey TG - so did you go from 1.0 mg (half morning half night) to just 0.5 in morning?

I’m trying to figure out when to drop my evening dose.

I’m at 0.78 in morning and 0.78 at night.

I sleep well, always have. Daytime anxiety/ symptoms are my hard part.

Just curious when you dropped pm dose.