Has anyone gone paralyzed from this?

[Mu...]

I'm sorry for posting so much, seems like everyday there I am posting again. I don't have anywhere else to turn to

It's a very scary and uncomfortable sensation happening in my neck, left arm and left leg (The bicep/Tricep are), same then for my left leg too it's happen to the muscle above my knee cap. Sometimes it happens to my jawline.

Anyways the symptoms also come on with a headache, pressure in the top of the head, sometimes throughout my face, effects my vision sometimes as well.

But this is about that paralyzing sensation.

It's ten times worse when laying down which sucks because I'm bed bound. Walking around or standing for too long makes me feel like I'm going to drop or I need to sit down.

When it happens my arm and left leg feel tight, heavy with a mild resistance like I'm having troubling moving. The longer I stay in one position the more compounded the feeling gets and its so scary.i also get this sensation like my limbs are dropping as well. My wrist and ankle feel loss by weak and floppy at the same time.

If things are really bad in this wave I'll get this head sensation like I'm. Sinking in my bed.

I'm 13 month's off and this seems to be getting worse and worse.

I've been tested. Blood tests and imaging... Just feeling like movement comes with resistance and moving seems more restrictive.

At nearly 21 months off valium, my number 1 symptom has been muscle pain/stiffness/tension just like you describe except for me it is virtually always on my right hand side.

It is also way worse when I am lying down - in fact it is so bad than when I wake up I cannot like in bed. I have to get up and walk.  Yes, I also get days of very nasty head tension and I know that those days will be bad as soon as I wake up.

Walking/bending/stretching can be very painful.  Some days I can barely move, other days it is much better.

I have also been to many doctors and had blood tests.  Nothing abnormal.

If it is of any comfort, quite a few Benzo Buddies report very similar symptoms - muscle pain/stiffness/tension is a huge issue when coming off or stopping benzos. 

What helps me is gentle swimming and even just floating in a pool.  The tension/stiffness can sometimes just disappear.

I'm so sorry mustang :(

I may also be someone who knows what that's like. Especially when you say it feels heavy and extremely difficult to move. That was me.......so bad. I have video of me trying with all my might to move my arm or legs. It's incredibly difficult to watch now, but I did it so people could see what it was really like.

I kept saying over and over that I felt like I was being paralyzed. Literally paralyzed! Not just a description or exaggeration or metaphor.....like seriously felt like paralyzation.

I was even tested for a very rare disease called Periodic Paralysis. Don't look it up, because you will worry that you have it! You don't!!! It's very rare genetic, and your family members would have it. But all I'm saying is that I had that test and plenty of others, gulliene barre, MS, myasthenia gravis, the list goes on and on

Because my neurologist wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything weird. But it was none of that!! It was all from the WD!

And I did not get paralyzed! And I did not have anything permanent or rare.

I'm so sorry you are having this. It was devastating for me as I'm sure it is for you :(

Do you have a good neurologist?