To ER or not to ER?

[An...]

Third day after a rapid Xanax taper from .5 to .25 to .125 then off. Can’t see doc until tomorrow but withdrawal symptoms are getting a little intense. They come and go. I live alone and am just trying to be safe/smart. I think I can tough it out but at what point am I just being stupid? (Have been on Canax or Klonopin since 2009, came off once for 2 months). Eager to find a doc willing to stick with me… just worried about tonight. Symptoms are feeling antsy, heart palpitations and fast heartbeat, numbness and tingling, and a couple of times when I have a second of feeling like I’m going to faint… advice?

When in doubt its always a good idea to be safe so if you feel you're in danger then it's a good idea to get checked out.  If you decide to tough it out, I can tell you that your symptoms sound pretty common, scary but normal and the best remedy for them is distraction, anything to take your mind off of them.

I mentioned earlier that seizures are rare but they occur most commonly with people who have been on a high dose and quit cold turkey.

Have had all these sx, many many times. If you get an aok from your doc about heart health, you can take solace in knowing it is wd every time those nasty things hit.  It can really feel dire sometimes, but it is just the benzo grip, leaving the body. I tried to always tell myself,  "So, this is what healing feels like today."  :)

Oh gosh, Anna, that is a very rapid taper especially since you have been on X or Klonopin since 2009. Your brain has totally changed now from the drugs, and it probably take a much more lengthy and gentle taper to adjust to coming off the drugs. I think you should definitely not cut so rapidly...why suffer and risk seizures when you can slow down and plan this better. I rapid tapered off 8 drugs and DO NOT recommend a rapid taper...I was able to get off the other drugs okay but rapid tapering off the benzo has debilitated me. So, if you have to go the ER, please do. Get the help. Get a new prescription. Try to find a doctor to work with you on a proper taper. You'll be okay and you can do this. It may seems daunting but there are lots of people to help. Please do not do what I did and go too fast.

I like to share this website with people as well. It has a link under the resources tab that instructs how to find tapering help. Please take good care of yourself.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/