WITHDRAWAL OR POTS?!?

[St...]

So i'm currently tapering my valium and I also have POTS. My question is if my symptoms (head pressure, dizziness, short of breath, slight head tremor, hr increase) only happen when I stand or try to walk, but when I lie down i'm totally fine, Can I say that's POTS symptoms i'm feeling? Because the way I see it if I can lie down my whole taper i'd be golden and can taper faster than I am as I feel nothing but palpitations and fatigue when lying down. My world is basically perfect subpine lol

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? When I stand up.....Withdrawal Symptoms? Or POTS?

• 6 months later...

Welllll a lot of people get POTS like symptoms or diagnosed with it at various stages of this…. Some when they were in tolerance and what the felt when the med stopped being beneficial, some have had during their taper and some once they are off. Some yhru all stages of this. That all being said those are very common withdrawal symptoms so in my opinion almost impossible to decipher what’s happening from what.

If you had POTS before ever starting benzos and had the exact same symptoms then maybe it’s POTS and you could taper faster. Just need to be mindful about what your body is telling you as you go down. If any of it started when benzos were involved, it is highly likely benzo related.

Anyone I’ve seen that developed POTS thru this has had it go away over time thankfully. 

Welllll a lot of people get POTS like symptoms or diagnosed with it at various stages of this…. Some when they were in tolerance and what the felt when the med stopped being beneficial, some have had during their taper and some once they are off. Some yhru all stages of this. That all being said those are very common withdrawal symptoms so in my opinion almost impossible to decipher what’s happening from what.

If you had POTS before ever starting benzos and had the exact same symptoms then maybe it’s POTS and you could taper faster. Just need to be mindful about what your body is telling you as you go down. If any of it started when benzos were involved, it is highly likely benzo related.

Thank you so much! It all started after benzos so prayerfully it dissolves once i'm done tapering! I do notice moving around actually helps regulate my hr !

Anyone I’ve seen that developed POTS thru this has had it go away over time thankfully.

[90...]

Hi,

sorry I don't know what POTS is.

So i'm currently tapering my valium and I also have POTS. My question is if my symptoms (head pressure, dizziness, short of breath, slight head tremor, hr increase) only happen when I stand or try to walk, but when I lie down i'm totally fine, Can I say that's POTS symptoms i'm feeling? Because the way I see it if I can lie down my whole taper i'd be golden and can taper faster than I am as I feel nothing but palpitations and fatigue when lying down. My world is basically perfect subpine lol

I think Boges11 said it all… given you developed the symptoms after beginning benzo’s, it’s more than likely the medication. I have all the same symptoms and I know they’re absolutely all benzo related, and also less prevalent when lying down.