hello everyone I really need help and advice with these weird symptoms

[Gy...]

hello everyone for who is reading this my situation was really bad but its getting a little bit better I have used atvian for 5 months almost daily and I quit cold turkey I have some strange symptoms I just never feel tired/sleepy and when I sleep it's like I don't remember it i have frequent wake ups and also suffer from anhedonia my question is did some of yall had the same symptoms and did you recover thanks for the answer!

Hello GymRat6991, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Good for you for getting off of the Ativan after only 5 months, of course they're only recommended to be taken for no more than 2-4 weeks but most here have been on them for many years and many decades. 

To answer your questions, yes, these symptoms are common and when we recover they go away, we just don't know how long it will take for yours to go away. 

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum and some resources for you to take a look at, chapter 3 of the The Ashton Manual will list your symptoms and why you feel them, I found this oddly comforting, knowing what I was feeling was common.

Make yourself at home, we're here to help.

Pamster

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

hello pamster thank you for you're answer I never knew that you only should take these pills only for 2 weeks these doctors/psychiatrist suck the worsened my insomnia to levels I could not imagine they first put on zoplicone and after that atvian for so long we'll I'm trying to ride it out go to the gym everyday edit I was almost on 1mg daily

Its actually the drug companies themselves who say to only use them for a short time, but this is ignored by many prescribers and patients alike.  Tell me, was the Zopiclone difficult to get off of, we have quite a few members on z-drugs and Zopiclone seems to be the worst of the bunch.

I'm glad working out is helping you, great distraction!  :thumbsup:

I was only on zopiclone for 3 or 4 days then it stopped working and got prescribed that other posion and after the zopiclone I never felt the sleep drive again and this is my state since September till now but the worst is the anhedonia for sure and the zero sleep drive and always being wired I hope I can comeback to myself