Updating and to encourage you..

[tr...]

Hey haven't been on here in a long while. Most of the ppl who know me best are here much anymore either - which is a good sign. So here I am 2 yrs and 3 months post jump from a rapid taper and polydrugging. I am doing quite well. Not healed, bc if I get a virus I feel some symptoms return, and I still have issues with meds and some foods. But aside from that I am functioning very well. I am working, able to do strenuous activity within reason (like i can shovel a truckload of mulch but can't do intense cardio yet sooo.....).

Its ironic bc at work I've been asked to do a presentation for a support group for long covid sufferers. Its to address the mental health needs. Honestly the parallels between them and us is almost identical bc its managing life around symptoms of chronic illness: the life you've lost, the symptoms you manage, unsure of the future, etc etc. but what I'm focusing on is rebuilding your life in the midst of loss and focusing on what you can do. Well I've lived this so I can speak to this from experience. I guess thats a silver lining in all this.

But I've also started a business. Just registered it with my state. I deal with so much grief counseling and end of life care at the hospital that I decided to start my own grief support/ end of life doula/life coaching business. I'm doing it for a few reasons. One, there is a need for it. Two it pays better and inflation os killing us all. Thirdly, it is how I can make my own hours so it can be flexible around my recovery needs as I still have some limitations.

But here I am writing to you saying I am well enough to start a business. My brain is sharp again. I can handle that kind of stress again. NEVER did I feel like I would get to this point. I still need to pace my life but I probably should have done that years ago anyway.

If you're in the midst of the hell on earth that benzo recovery brings - you will make it. You will survive this. Your body is crazy amazing and can heal from this. You may have to adapt your life, but it can be beautiful again.

Hugs

Trina

Trina, I'm so glad you've shared this here.  We came to BenzoBuddies about the same time and it has been so heartwarming for me to see you progress in your recovery AND to see you help others along the way.  Bless you for taking the time to encourage others who still have a ways to go. 

Kate08    :smitten:

Trina,

I'm so glad to hear this. Very encouraging. You've always been an encouragement to me. You're just a few months ahead of me. I'm hoping to turn the corner soon. Hugs!

LiveLife

I've missed you around the forum but I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing and starting your own business centered around helping people is exactly what I expect from you, you've got a good heart Trina.  :smitten:

So glad things are working out for you, I can't wait for your success story but thank you for letting us know how successful you are while still not fully recovered.  You're amazing.

Ah Trina.  This makes me so happy!  I am so glad you are feeling so well.  For those of us still in the thick of it, facing dental visits, and being put under, this is so comforting to hear!

So happy for you Trina.

You have been such a vessel of encouragement, compassion  and strength here so starting your own business will be a wonderful opportunity for you.

You have come so far in your journey with such strength and courage.

God Bless you! 🙏💕

Trina,

This is such good news. I'm happy you are doing so well and not surprised at all that you are finding ways to help others with chronic issues.  I wish you all the best with your new endeavor.

PG  :smitten: