Question about benzo belly - please share your experiences

[eo...]

Hi everyone,

Is it normal to still have bloating after 5.5 months off benzos? I have other GI symptoms as well, but none are as consistent or bad as the bloating, which seems a thing of its own. Until a couple of weeks ago I would have good days every once in a while, but now the bloating is pretty much constant (not quite as bad in the mornings, worse after eating, and really bad by end of the day no matter what I eat).

Will this ever go away? The bulging and tightness in the lower abdomen? I feel uncomfortable in my body!

Please share your experiences. Is it normal for benzo belly to last this long? Is it normal for it to be just as bad or worse after almost 6 months?

Yes, completely normal!

All u described I experienced… I am 18 months off and it’s still occurring a couple times per week…

Tums helps me when it gets extremely bloated.

Hang in there!

Karla

I don’t get much bloating but my lower back and right under my ribs is tight as hell. Comes and goes during the day. Very annoying. Does this sound familiar

I had extreme tightness right under the ribs… I didn’t have it that often, maybe a couple of times per month during withdrawal…

All part of withdrawal…