Dr. had no appointments - Yikes!!!

[Ri...]

Yikes!!

My doctor apparently hardly works.  Requesting an appointment run time about 10 days  from request.  It was my idea to cut back (taper) and he dunked me by 50% in one shot.  This caused tinnitus and hyperacusus. This $&@“! said “yeah I know” when I asked him about the Ashton Method, then he said “it doesn’t matter.”  I found a NEW doctor here in South East Florida who openly discusses the Ashton on his website.  It also looks like he does inpatient which I don’t need, so tomorrow (Monday) I’m going to see if a pivot there is a fit and the next move. 

Meanwhile, $&@ current psychiatrist, wants to meet every month now and the scheduling request has me OUT of medicine.  I guess I need a pre-planned appointment as this time it was like I was saying 10 days to schedule out in advance.  This ran me out of Clon.

I was 1 mg x 3 a day Clon.  Dropped to 0.5 x3.  And since I saw I was going to run out it’s 4 days on 0.25 x1 !!!!!!  I’m doing ok!  One day left until my appointment (tomorrow). 

I have been staying home.  I noticed this comment appears to be allowed .. I have a medical prescription for mj but know that’s the wrong direction as it slows GABA and receptors.  However the research shows CBD helps the GABA receptor heal/regenerate, the key is being over 300mg CBD for a dose.  Raw hemp/CBD is perfectly legal, the actual flower from the female plant (also non-psychoactive.) CBDA is unheated/raw and the precursor to CBD, and CBDA may actually be more bio-available than even CBD.  I can’t say it’s a miracle but I don’t think there is anyway I have made it without it.  It just seems to stop the “feelings” but not reply help (yet) the tinnitus/hyperacusis. I am still tapering after all and it’s NOT a cure. But, if it’s helping my work with my natural state right now of less GABA receptors and it also does NOT trigger dopamine like THC does, then it’s again really interesting.

So, just letting you all know how surprising it is that I’m doing ok.  Fascinating really. Can’t wait to get back to my taper and beat this!  I even did some yard work (got bit by either a fireant or spider and my middle finger is swollen, or maybe it is just in anticipation of seeing my doctor!  Lol!

I'm glad to see you've found something that is helping you get by on less medication.  It amazes me how difficult doctors are making it for people who actually want to get off the drug but others are still writing prescriptions like candy, what is it in the US now, about 92 million a year?

Completely agree.  I have my Dr appointment today.  I read stories of doctors that turn on their patients and won’t help them taper or even cut them off (horrible!)

Today I’m just sitting not going to do anything to work me mentally.  Doctor at 6.  Pharmacy closes at 9. 

Just gotta make it through today and I’m back to my personal taper.  Who knows maybe this gap will somehow help my taper when I get back to a low dose (low dose my now be more appreciated by my system than running out and having literal scraps.)

Thank you very much Pamster!!

I hope things go well for you today Ricky.  Not having to be at the mercy of a doctor was a big motivator for me to get off benzos.  Shortly after I finished tapering my doc suddenly left her practice and I would have been up a creek if I had still been on them.  I was beyond grateful that I wasn't scurrying around to find another prescriber.   

@kate06. Thank you for connecting!  Agreed I don’t want to be at the mercy of what seems like most of these doctors/fools.  I did find one online, about a half hour from me that posts about the Ashton Method online.  I have a few calls into the voicemail and hoping to connect. THIS would be the doctor I need.  Fingers crossed.  If not I’m just gonna “play” the current doctor to be honest and always be tapering but not telling. Shame it has to be like that in medicine.